Keyword

Tag category displaying items differently

More
3 years 10 months ago #176196 by John
1. I have a single column of items listed in tag view.

2. The top four of them have not been altered - sample data - and display the item view alongside the image.

3. Underne
ath the top four are some items whose text has been adjusted. On these the item view sits underneath the image.

4. I have looked at CSS between two differing item layouts. These appear to be the same.

5. I can reset the width of articles by using class "tagItemView", for example by "width: 33em" Unfortunately any changes to full screen widths then badly chages the design at small widths.

6. Clearly I can adjust CSS but it feels a bit messy to then have to adjust for different media settings, particularly when the styling was there before I changed the item text.

7. As an aside I can't - or can't find a way to - separately style the date and the header which sit vertically (any suggestions?).

QUESTION:
Is there a simple way to style the items so the tag selected displays all in that tag the same way?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #176199 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Tag category displaying items differently
Short answer: That's the default K2 behavior.

But apparently you're using K2 template overrides that ship with your template and these present content in a different layout.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
3 years 10 months ago #176205 by John
Okay, thanks for the description of the K2 environment.

Can you advise please on the steps required to display all tag items in the same style down one column?

many thanks in advance

More
3 years 10 months ago #176214 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Tag category displaying items differently
Try renaming your "tag.php" to "tag.php.bak" in /templates/YOUR_JOOMLA_TEMPLATE/html/com_k2/default/.

The grid may be different because extra CSS is also applied.

But I can't know that for sure unless you provide me with a URL to your site (and to a tag view specifically).

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)