Keyword

K2 Category / Sub-Category Order Not Working

• conshelf
  • conshelf's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #176956 by conshelf
Hello,

I am having an issue with the ordering of sub-categories. I have an empty parent category called "Rentals" with the sub-categories manually ordered just like the menu dropdown from the main navigation here: okeanus.tscstrategic.com/rentals

The issue is, no matter what I do in terms of ordering and/or settings updates, the front end displays the categories out of order.

I've cleared the cache, and tested in Chrome, Microsoft Edge for Mac, and Safari and I still get the same results.

The only way I could get the categories to display in the correct order was to re-create them in the order that I wanted them to appear, however, in the backend they show in reverse order.

Technically, I fixed my own issue by recreating the categories but that will cause me a lot more work. If the client wants to re-order them again, then this will become very frustrating.

Kind regards,
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #176962 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic K2 Category / Sub-Category Order Not Working
When you create a menu item to a single (parent) K2 category, you can select "ordering" for that single category, like so: jmp.sh/EpwYdzS

Alternatively, you can set the ordering in the parent category and have the subcategories inherit their params from the parent. This is probably better long term.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.