Keyword

403 on Item Edit and Unable to Open in Parent

• Brian Bartolome
  • Brian Bartolome's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #177098 by Brian Bartolome
403 on Item Edit and Unable to Open in Parent was created by Brian Bartolome
I have 2 things...

First when adding a menu item to have users add a K2 item in the front-end I keep getting 403 Not Authorized Error. I have checked all permissions and settings and it is enabled to allow front-end editing and me as a Super User still get this error.

I saw another post about removing the itemform.php in the templates folder, I removed that it still get the error...

Second, in the menu item setting I change it to open target in Parent window but it keeps defaulting back to "New with Navigation" every time I save!

Forgot to Add:

K2 Version is 2.10.3
Joomla Version is 3.9.12
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Brian Bartolome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #177121 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic 403 on Item Edit and Unable to Open in Parent
The menu item should be set for logged in users only (obviously). Additionally, you need to create a K2 User Group with the right frontend editing permissions and then assign your current Joomla "Registered" users (or whichever other group you use for that matter) to that K2 Group, though the K2 Users list (select the users and batch-assign them to the relevant Joomla and K2 user groups).

As for your second question, that's default behaviour. K2's item form has to exist in its own context, it cannot be inline with the rest of your site content to avoid CSS/JS conflicts.

A good example to see how such frontend editing access can be "orchestrated", signup at getk2.org.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.