Keyword

Joomla 4.0

More
3 years 6 months ago #177245 by Plé
Joomla 4.0 was created by Plé
Hello everyone,
I'm just a rookie with Joomla and I took the opportunity of the confinement in France to create a new website for my B+B with Joomla 3.9. (my old website was with Joomla 2.5!). My new site is currently on my PC and I will pay a professional to do the migration on a server to replace my old site by the new one (I don't feel comfortable to do it myself). Now that Joomla 4.0 is on the horizon, I would like to know if the update will be complicated to implement. Could I do it once my new site is online or should I wait a little longer, update it on my PC, then pay a professional to do the migration? (I cannot afford to pay him twice)
Many thanks for your help!
Patrick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #177247 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Joomla 4.0
I would wait a while. Features for Joomla 4 are supposedly fixed, but you never know. Joomla 3.x will be just fine to use for many more years to come (as history has proven for the Joomla community).

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
3 years 6 months ago #177253 by Plé
Replied by Plé on topic Joomla 4.0
Many thanks for your quick answer Fotis. Do you know if Joomla will issue a step by step guide for updating a Joomla 3.9 site into a 4.0 ?
When can we expect a final release of Joomla 4.0, before the end of the year?

More
3 years 6 months ago #177257 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Joomla 4.0
"Do you know if Joomla will issue a step by step guide for updating a Joomla 3.9 site into a 4.0"
Joomla 3.10.x is being developed to facilitate an easier migration to v4.

"When can we expect a final release of Joomla 4.0, before the end of the year?"
Joomla 4.x is still on beta releases. After that, we expect a few Release Candidate versions (like pre-stable) and then the final 4.0.0 release. I'd say Q1 or Q2 2021 realistically. The pandemic has slowed down things, so it won't be a surprise if Joomla takes a hit as well.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)