Keyword

Why Are The Social Media Icons Not Aligned Properly?

• Trevor J Ellis
  • Trevor J Ellis's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #177493 by Trevor J Ellis
Hello, we have been using K2 for a few years and think it's really good with lots of great options. However, we wonder why the social media icons are not vertically or horizontally aligned properly. We were forced to add custom.css code:
/*Social media icon alignment*/
div.itemTwitterButton {    
	float:left;
	margin:2px 4px 0 0;
	padding: 0 0 0 0;
}
div.itemFacebookButton [style]{
	vertical-align: top!important;
}
div.itemFacebookButton {
    float:left;
    margin:2px 0 0 0;
    padding: 0 0 0 0;
    width: 60px;
}
div.itemSocialSharing {
   padding:0px 0;
}

Are you going to fix the alignment of the social media icons in an update? We have applied updates to K2 whenever they have been available but none of them have ever addressed the alignment issue. Please can you do this soon as we have dozens of sites that use K2. Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Trevor J Ellis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #177511 by JoomlaWorks
Alignment depends on many factors, including your own CSS. So there's no one-size-fits-all solution.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Trevor J Ellis
  • Trevor J Ellis's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 4 months ago #177522 by Trevor J Ellis
Replied by Trevor J Ellis on topic Why Are The Social Media Icons Not Aligned Properly?
Thanks for getting back to me. Okay, this happens even when I set up a new site and don't have any custom.css. It seems to happen whatever template I use too. I don't have this issue with the vast majority of third party components and extensions. Can't you put them in a table and format them that way? You could even just make that option within the settings (not necessarily the default). It would then be really good if you could roll that out as part of an update.

More
3 years 4 months ago #177554 by JoomlaWorks
K2 can be overridden exactly for this matter. It can't possibly support "out of the box" a perfect alignment of such elements on all Joomla templates.

getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

And it's not a big deal to apply your own CSS as well.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)