Keyword

Disable K2 Item Author From Being Visible By Default

• Trevor J Ellis
  • Trevor J Ellis's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 10 hours ago #178727 by Trevor J Ellis
Is there a way that we can set it so that the author of a K2 item is NOT visible by default? I know we can hide the author in the K2 category settings (Item View Options - Author). Is there a way so that by default, when I go to make a new category (rather than copying an existing category), the author is hidden by default. I can't find anywhere in the Global Config for K2 to hide the author.

We see this is a potential issue as other users may accidentally create new categories rather than copying existing ones and having the author displayed may be a security risk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #178747 by Goble002
You should be able to do this in content override.

More
2 years 11 months ago #178770 by JoomlaWorks
Displaying an author is not a security risk.

As I mentioned elsewhere, override the user.php sub-template in K2 and place a redirect at the top of some message. Can't get any simpler...

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Trevor J Ellis
  • Trevor J Ellis's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 11 months ago #178802 by Trevor J Ellis
Replied by Trevor J Ellis on topic Disable K2 Item Author From Being Visible By Default
Thank you very much. We've gone into the K2 Global Config settings and turned off all the user/author info so now the pages are blank. It was a security risk for us as we had some K2 items that were being password protected by another extension. However, you were able to read the content without entering a password by looking at the Super User's list of K2 items page.