Keyword

How do i move back to Joomla regular and keeping my sefs

• Chris
  • Chris's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 4 days ago #178936 by Chris
I'm a fairly fresh user and experienced far too much headaches with k2 for a fresh user to continue any further on, i spent a while setting up my old links to my website to my fresh Joomla website so i decided to use K2 instead of regular Joomla articles. So i spent a while painstakingly moving each individual page hundreds of them with thousands of links over to k2 from my old website. Everything i use on k2 breaks on me.

Will anything break on me exporting back to regular Joomla articles

I have a new problem where if i purge old sh404sef urls which i don't do often cause i make a big change on Joomla i want my urls to refresh with the new changes, some of my categories refuse to accept the change and return 404's and all the articles within that category will 404, i'll wait days and days and nothing will update, alot of categories will update but not all of them. I have to manually get on my detective hat and painstakingly play trickery with sh404sef + k2 to accept the shs404sef by individually moving articles from one category to another then hitting the breadcrumb just before the refresh to force accept the category, very annoying

Now i'm not asking for help i'm asking how do i move. all my work moving to Joomla has likely been wasted for choosing K2 to migrate to
Last edit: 3 weeks 4 days ago by Chris.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris
  • Chris's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 weeks 4 days ago #178938 by Chris
Update:- i'm stuck with you guys, i cannot believe 10yrs of being away from Joomla they still have nothing that has a proper selection+article gallery+pagination system. I'm stuck with K2, this kinda sucks. Anything they have on offer is a terrible 1999 era blog apparatus, problems aside i'm probably still better off with K2 :(

Its really a credit to how bad Joomla and the Bootstrap rollbacks have become

• Fotis
  • Administrator
  • JoomlaWorks Support Team
More
3 weeks 3 days ago #178960 by Fotis
Well, make up your mind really. On the hand you're kinda insulting ("all my work moving to Joomla has likely been wasted for choosing K2 to migrate to") and then it's "i'm stuck with you guys".

K2 is indeed a flexible content tool, much better than Joomla. Always has been. But it *may* need capable hands as well. And no, reverting back to Joomla is not an option because Joomla changes it's database every couple years whereas we were smart enough to do a proper database schema more than 10 years ago.

Aside all that, if you're not interested in digging more into how things work and most importantly, if you don't have the patience, you should consider something like WordPress with a drag and drop builder or something. Whatever works for you.

If you use & love K2, please take a moment to add your review and rate it
at the Joomla Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/extension/k2/

IMPORTANT: Please search the forum before posting a question!

JoomlaWorks Support Team Member