Keyword

K2 removes HTML tags from the introductory texts. Links are shown as text only.

• forensis
  • forensis's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 10 months ago #179134 by forensis
I'm looking for the option to set K2 so that HTML code also works in the introductory texts / teasers? I definitely want links and line breaks to appear correctly.
Here I have a "practical manual for Joomla 3.x and K2" from the author Karl-Heinz Derhake that is apparently no longer up-to-date. Unfortunately there is no other German documentation for K2 far and wide.
In the manual, under 10.3.2 Parameters - Contents: Point 10.3.2.2 Contents of clearing up: "Enter the HTML tags that should not be removed from the introductory text: Separate valid HTML tags with commas, e.g. img, br, p, a, b, span etc"
I can't tell which K2 version it refers to, but this tab no longer exists in the current K2 v2.10.4 - or I'm too blind to find this option. I didn't have to set anything special in the direct Joomla articles; they make HTML links appear right in the introductory texts, but K2 mercilessly throws any HTML code out of the teasers. Does anyone know whether this non-remove HTML option no longer exists in K2 or whether it can be found somewhere else?
Kind regards, Fori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #179168 by JoomlaWorks
K2 Settings > Site (tab) > Content Cleanup

Keep in mind that if you have a word limit enforced in a category or module, then all HTML tags are stripped to prevent HTML breaking from unclosed HTML tags.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.