Keyword

Word limit stripping color from text

• Michael Green
  • Michael Green's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 9 months ago #180218 by Michael Green
Word limit stripping color from text was created by Michael Green
Hi when i set the word limit in the category i see it says it strips the html but its also removing my text color....i currently have a dark template background and when i set the word limit its also stripping the text color and leaving a dark grey background.  I did see in settings you can add what not to strip ..and i entered color and its not resolving.  Im pretty sure this is a misunderstanding on my part but can someone please inform me on how to resolve this?  Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Michael Green
More
1 year 8 months ago #180247 by Michael Green
Replied by Michael Green on topic Word limit stripping color from text
some help please...ive spent money with you guys hoping to use with k2...ive since spent almost 100 with easyblog waiting for a response.. i still would rather use k2. noticing you guys responded to several posts posted after mines. not sure if mines was a dumb question but theres got to be a way to use k2 on my template. any help would be appreciated.

More
1 year 8 months ago #180250 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Word limit stripping color from text
K2 is free. How exactly did you pay money for it?

Word limit will always strip HTML tags to ensure HTML is not broken due to some unclosed <p> tag for example.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Michael Green
More
1 year 8 months ago #180251 by Michael Green
Replied by Michael Green on topic Word limit stripping color from text
I know its free but i purchased front page slideshow and was about to purchase the pro version of simple image gallery to use with k2 along with some other software as i usually do when using k2. This is the nature of your business correct? You offer k2 for free and sell the associating software for more functionality? If you look at my profile ive used k2 for almost a decade but havent in the past few years and never had this issue. Also, if you read my last 2 posts and understood my issue im not understanding your hesitancy to advise or even respond. So ill ask again if you dont mind so that you can understand my question.

1. My template is dark with white text, but k2 is stripping the html and leaving me with dark text on my dark template. Im sure others have needed to adjust the text color since its now being stripped. Could you please advise as to how to address this?

2. Does this mean that we can no longer embed youtube videos or other media into the article since its now being stripped. If not can you please advise how its done. I know theres a media tab offered but im referring to the freedom to layout my article as i choose.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks