Keyword

Error when clicking on K2 items in frontend and backend

• Duncan McFarlane
  • Duncan McFarlane's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 5 months ago #180479 by Duncan McFarlane
Hello,

I have a site which is probably in the region of 8 or 10 years old now.  Joomla and all extensions including K2 have been kept up to date.

The site is still on Joomla 3.10.11 and currently runs on php 7.4.33

For as long as I know both the frontend and backend appeared absolutely normal until recently I discovered when I drill down to a K2 item - then I'm getting errors.

In the frontend the error is:
0 - Using $this when not in object context
In the backend the error is:
Too few arguments to function K2ViewItem::display(), 0 passed in /home/customer/www/guernseycarpentry.co.uk/public_html/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php on line 664 and exactly 1 expected

I'm looking for some guidance on how to go about fixing this.  I have been working on Joomla for many years, I'm not great with actual coding but I do my best to understand and learn.

The site is here if anyone has the time to take a look: www.guernseycarpentry.co.uk

Any help with where to start would be great.

Thanks

D
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #180487 by JoomlaWorks
It's most likely an issue with a 3rd party plugin rendering or modifying content in the K2 item view/page.

Bypassing your template like this www.guernseycarpentry.co.uk/item/369-decking.html?template=protostar&tmpl=component shows the error persists. So it's definitely not your K2 template overrides (if any, as we load the default "Protostar" template) and definitely not some module as we're only calling the component output like so.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.