Keyword

K2 to com_content migration: how to migrate attachments?

• Catherine Mollet
  • Catherine Mollet's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 6 days ago #180921 by Catherine Mollet
Hi,
I have to migrate from K2 to Joomla articles on a website. But I have a question about attachments. On this website, K2 items have quite a lot of attachments. I've seen several migration extensions, but none of them seems to support attachments migration. Is there any possibility to migrate attachments to a Joomla custom field (repeatable URL field for example)?
Best regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 day ago #180925 by GabiW
Hi,
I have the same problem and I'm currently trying a solution with Advanced Custom Fields from Tassos Marinos.
In the Pro version you can set up an upload field in which any number of files can be uploaded for download.
At the moment I'm trying several ways to migrate the downloads as efficiently as possible. This customer has over
Best regards,
Gabi

• Catherine Mollet
  • Catherine Mollet's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #180945 by Catherine Mollet
Replied by Catherine Mollet on topic K2 to com_content migration: how to migrate attachments?
Hi @GabyW,
Yes, Advanced Custom Fields Pro by Tassos Marinos (great plugin) is exactly what I intend to use. But problem is how to migrate these documents (which are not located in media manager but in medias/k2/attachments) to these fields. I'm looking for a solution too, but if you have any leads, it would be welcome.
Best regards.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago - 11 months 2 weeks ago #180956 by Peter
Maybe check RO CSVI.
I started to have a look few months ago, but in the end the project was postponed.
I'm not sure it's supporting attachments but it's widely support K2 for sure.
Also support extra
Last edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by Peter.

More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #181082 by Louis Skinner
Have you tried to contact admin? if there is no one knows the answer, it's better to contact the admin   
Last edit: 9 months 1 week ago by Louis Skinner.

More
9 months 1 week ago #181084 by GabiW
Hi Catherine,
my solution is now, all done at Joomla 3 before upgrade:
- Make a export-list of K2-items with attachments, 1 attachment in a row. I need the columns itemID and name of the attachment-file
- Install JA K2 Data Migration plugin and migrate all K2-items, categories and fields to Joomla article
- Install Advanced Custom Fields
- Create a Custom Field File-upload, you need the field-ID for the import-script
- Move the download-files from /media/k2/attachments to /media/acfupload
- Than I replaced in my K2-item-export-list the old item-ID to the new item-ID. (Excel, SVERWEIS) Attention: By importing the items they became a new
- With a little php-script I created a sql-file an than I imported the file with phpMyAdmin to __fields_values, backup before.
This way I imported more than 500 files in 170 items, and it worked.

If there is an easier way, please let me know.

Best regards,
Gabi