Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: extra field order)

• Bobby
06 May 2016 15:25
Replied by Bobby on topic Extra Field list order

Extra Field list order

Category: English K2 Community

In an attempt to see if it was my template preventing it from displaying for some reason, I just removed my item.php from the template directory. Allowing the default item.php to load and still nothing. Is there another setting in the Joomla admin that needs to be turned on to all the extra field to be visible? Publish is checked for the extra field.
  • Bobby
06 May 2016 15:00

Extra Field list order

Yes, I have verified that the values for the new extra field are saving to the DB. Anything else that you can think of?

Thanks for the info about the sub templates....I will have a look.
  • Krikor Boghossian
05 May 2016 12:59
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Extra Field list order

Extra Field list order

My newly added extrafield is not in the list. It's odd, it is like the IDs of the existing extrafields where hard coded into the query and that's preventing any new ones from getting through. Is that possible?

Not really, unless the field does not hold a value, can you check the db to make sure that the field is not empty?

Btw you should use overrides:
getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates
  • Bobby
04 May 2016 22:30

Extra Field list order

Yes, it belongs to the same group and it is a plain text field. My work-around is to use JQuery to save the order into this textfield and then just use the text field to determine the author order on the site.

I am getting into this part way through someone else modifying the templates, so I honestly have no idea what they may have done prior.

The com_k2 > templates > default > item.php in my theme doesn't appear to be excluded anything, but when I do

foreach ($this->item->extra_fields as $key=>$extraField)
{
echo $extraField->id;
}

My newly added extrafield is not in the list. It's odd, it is like the IDs of the existing extrafields where hard coded into the query and that's preventing any new ones from getting through. Is that possible?
  • JoomlaWorks Support Team
04 May 2016 18:59
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic [SOLVED] order of values of extra_fields

[SOLVED] order of values of extra_fields

Hello Natanja,
We have just commit a fix for the issue you mentioned. Check out the following link

github.com/getk2/k2/commit/b6cb88d73d5150bc923dd79656f262ffb5c4989b
  • Krikor Boghossian
04 May 2016 16:05
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic [SOLVED] order of values of extra_fields

Hello Natanja, and thank you for reporting this.
We will try to correct it in the next version.
  • Krikor Boghossian
04 May 2016 16:04

Extra Field list order

Hmm, I assume this field belongs to the same group as the others, right?
What type is that extrafield?
Also, have you modified your templates, can you share some code if you did?
  • natanja
02 May 2016 13:07

Hello there,

I have a problem, and it is there for as long as I am using K2, but I was wondering if it would be fixed in K2 version 2.7.0. or later in version 3.0 because it is really driving me, but also my clients, nuts! Maybe there is a workaround?

Here is the problem: in my extra-field I have 10 values, let's say for example: value 1, value 2, value 3, value 4, value 5, value 6, value 7, value 8, value 9, value 10. This extrafield I use in multiple items. Because I never use value 4, I removed it. Now all my articles which used to have value 6 have now value 5, items who used to have value 7 now have value 6 and so on.. So all the values after value 4 have moved a place because I removed this option... So now I have to change my extra-field for more then 100 items because I removed this value 4.

I think it has to do with how it is saved in the database? Can I change this? Wil this be better in version 3 of k2? I tried in version 2.7.0. but I have the same problem. I read a workaround like: "don't remove any values" but since my client uses a lot of values he likes the have it organised and removes not used options...

I hope it can be fixed somehow!
  • Bobby
01 May 2016 01:30

Extra Field list order

I think I may have a work-a-round. I added an extra field that will contain the sort and prior to submitting, the order of the authors is placed in the extra field. All of that seems to be working now except the extra field is not showing up in my custom item.php. The extra field as been added to a group and assigned to a category. Is there somewhere else that the extra field needs to initiated? I'm pulling my hair over something that appears to be so simple.

Again, thank you for your assistance Krikor.
  • Krikor Boghossian
28 Apr 2016 20:07

Extra Field list order

I think a plugin is needed where you can use jQuery in order to reorder the fields.
There are extensions in the JED which register new extrafields, maybe you can find something useful in the JED.
  • Bobby
28 Apr 2016 16:12

Extra Field list order

Thank you Krikor. Can you think of any other possible option to accomplish what I need? Perhaps using JQuery to submit the selections vs. using the <select> values to submit in the form?
  • Krikor Boghossian
28 Apr 2016 13:51

Extra Field list order

Hello,
Unfortunately this is not possible. This it the default behaviour of the multiple select element.
  • Bobby
28 Apr 2016 02:35
Extra Field list order was created by Bobby

Extra Field list order

Good evening all.

I have recently been handed an existing site that is running ver 2.6.x of K2 and I need some assistance.

There is an 'authors' extra field with names entered in the Extra Fields Administrator as below..

John Smith (ID 1)
Susan Jones (ID 2)
Brad Helms (ID 3)

When I go to add a K2 Item, the extra field multi-select for authors is now in alphabetical order (which is helpful) and allows me to select multiple authors in any order one at a time. But, when the item is saved, the author ids are inserted into the database in order of their alphabetical listing ({3,1,2}), not the order in which they were selected. I need them to stay in the order that they are selected. If I select Susan Jones, then Brad Helms, it should be saved as {2,3}.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.
  • Gorast
23 Apr 2016 22:05

[SOLVED] Any interaction with item over the K2 buttons return error

Hi,
when I try to do anything on a K2 item in the Items view page, it gets me error page. The error is this:

An error has occurred.

1054 Unknown column 'Array' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT c.id, c.title, c.alias, c.introtext, c.fulltext, c.image_caption, c.image_credits, c.video_caption, c.video_credits, c.extra_fields, c.extra_fields_search, c.metakey, c.metadesc, jfc.id as jfc_id, jfc.value as titleTranslation, jfc.modified as lastchanged, jfc.published as published, jfc.language_id, jfl.title as language, jfc.reference_id as jfc_refid FROM #__k2_items as c LEFT JOIN #__falang_content as jfc ON c.id=jfc.reference_id AND jfc.reference_field='title' AND jfc.reference_table='k2_items' AND jfc.language_id=3 LEFT JOIN #__languages as jfl ON jfc.language_id=jfl.lang_id WHERE c.id=Array ORDER BY c.title

Any quick fix? I can see on other forums that this is pretty old one (at least 3-4 weeks).
I'm on latest Joomla and K2 version. K2 developers version didnt fixed the error.

Thanks,
skullmonkey
  • ISU ITSS
05 Apr 2016 18:22

[SOLVED] Error when you want to delete K2 items

I have same problem.

Using latest master from k2 repository and also latest Falang 2.5 with k2 2.4 content element.

When I try to unpublish the item I get this:

An error has occurred.
1054 Unknown column 'Array' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT c.id, c.title, c.alias, c.introtext, c.fulltext, c.image_caption, c.image_credits, c.video_caption, c.video_credits, c.extra_fields, c.extra_fields_search, c.metakey, c.metadesc, jfc.id as jfc_id, jfc.value as titleTranslation, jfc.modified as lastchanged, jfc.published as published, jfc.language_id, jfl.title as language, jfc.reference_id as jfc_refid FROM #__k2_items as c LEFT JOIN #__falang_content as jfc ON c.id=jfc.reference_id AND jfc.reference_field='title' AND jfc.reference_table='k2_items' AND jfc.language_id=3 LEFT JOIN #__languages as jfl ON jfc.language_id=jfl.lang_id WHERE c.id=Array ORDER BY c.title
  • Conversal
30 Mar 2016 16:32

[SOLVED] Error when you want to delete K2 items

Hello,

After updating, we always get this error when we want to delete an item from the overview page:

Unknown column 'Array' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT c.id, c.title, c.alias, c.introtext, c.fulltext, c.image_caption, c.image_credits, c.video_caption, c.video_credits, c.extra_fields, c.extra_fields_search, c.metakey, c.metadesc, jfc.id as jfc_id, jfc.value as titleTranslation, jfc.modified as lastchanged, jfc.published as published, jfc.language_id, jfl.title as language, jfc.reference_id as jfc_refid FROM #__k2_items as c LEFT JOIN #__falang_content as jfc ON c.id=jfc.reference_id AND jfc.reference_field='title' AND jfc.reference_table='k2_items' AND jfc.language_id=3 LEFT JOIN #__languages as jfl ON jfc.language_id=jfl.lang_id WHERE c.id=Array ORDER BY c.title
  • Carlos Martin
28 Mar 2016 17:00
Replied by Carlos Martin on topic K2 V2.7 Extremely slow when user is logged in

K2 V2.7 Extremely slow when user is logged in

One thing we've noticed is that we have a lot of duplicated queries, these two are the ones with the highest amount of duplicates:
SELECT id, gender, description, image, url, ` group`, plugins FROM lntzq_k2_users WHERE userID=XXX

And
SELECT * FROM lntzq_k2_extra_fields WHERE ` group` = 3 AND published=1 AND (id IN (6,14,7,8,9,10,11,13,15,22,23,24,25) OR `type` = 'header') ORDER BY ordering ASC

I the extrafields one I can understand, but we're not using the k2 profile at all. Is there a way we can disable it so it stops sending queries to the database?
  • Krikor Boghossian
03 Feb 2016 13:13
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 items with properties / icons

K2 items with properties / icons

You can do this with extrafields.
In order to print extra HTML in your template, I would personally render each field seperately.

This code is a good starting point.
github.com/kricore/Advanced-templating-with-K2/blob/master/_inc/cheatsheet.php#L104-L109
  • Paul Adamson
22 Jan 2016 00:51 - 22 Jan 2016 01:02
Replied by Paul Adamson on topic Admin Item Form Styling Issue

Admin Item Form Styling Issue

Hi Krikor, I've learned a bit about this the last few days. It seems to be related to a commit made about 8 days ago.

There are two issues with this commit. I'll deal with the original one in this post.

Problem: K2 Module Edit form not styled. This also affects the extra fields styling in the item edit form, and its resolved the same way:

These lines in k2.modules.css causes the k2 buttons and related styling to be applied incorrectly:
.com_modules .form-horizontal .controls:not(#jform_menuselect) label, .com_modules .controls:not(#jform_menuselect) label, .com_menus .controls label, .com_config .controls label { min-width:85px;width:auto; text-align:center; border:1px solid #d4d6d8;line-height:33px;vertical-align:top;height:33px;font-size:12px;margin:0 -2px;padding:0 13px; color:#8a8c8c;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle;white-space:nowrap;background-color:#eff1f1; box-shadow:0 1px 1px rgba(65,64,66,.14), inset 0 1px 0 #fff; }

The styling code used to look like this:
.com_modules .form-horizontal .controls:not(#jform_menuselect) label, .com_modules .controls:not(#jform_menuselect) label, .com_menus .controls label { min-width:85px;width:auto; text-align:center; border:1px solid #d4d6d8;line-height:33px;vertical-align:top;height:33px;font-size:12px;margin:0 -2px;padding:0 13px; color:#8a8c8c;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle;white-space:nowrap;background-color:#eff1f1; color:#8a8c8c;display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle;white-space:nowrap;background-color:#eff1f1; box-shadow:0 1px 1px rgba(65,64,66,.14), inset 0 1px 0 #fff; }

You can see from the screenshot of the old code in the style pane here:

k2-content-old-styling.png imgur.com/FNYyRFg

and the screenshot of the new code in the style pane here:

k2-content-new-styling.png imgur.com/kIFdtUw

Does that make sense?

Cheers
Paul
  • Denis
26 Oct 2015 19:10
Replied by Denis on topic costum field text area

costum field text area

Hi, thanks for your help....

unfortunately it doesn't work

www.phi.it/bb/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=1&Itemid=182

i don't know if i added it wrong:
div.itemExtraFields {margin:16px 0 0 0;padding:8px 0 0 0;border-top:1px dotted #ddd;}
div.itemExtraFields h3 {margin:0;padding:0 0 8px 0;line-height:normal !important;}
div.itemExtraFields ul {margin:0;padding:0;list-style:none;}
div.itemExtraFields ul li {display:block;}
div.itemExtraFields ul li span.itemExtraFieldsLabel {display:block;float:left;font-weight:normal;color:#008AE6;margin:0 4px 0 0;width:30%;}
div.itemExtraFields ul li span.itemExtraFieldsValue {overflow: hidden;}

by the way thanks a lot
Displaying 101 - 120 out of 529 results.