Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

kdmconsultants.com

• Peter Konstantakos
  • Peter Konstantakos's Avatar Topic Author
More
17 years 3 weeks ago - 17 years 3 weeks ago #1375 by Peter Konstantakos
kdmconsultants.com was created by Peter Konstantakos
This is a joomlart template that I am using on my site. I have implemented the original version of your gallery and it works fine, except it flickers in Firefox as you move your mouse over or near the picture, www.kdmconsultants.com/Our_Work/Print_Design/Printed_Material/.

I installed the new mambot and it worked in Firefox, it still flickered when moving the mouse, but in IE I got this error, see attached. (I actually am using one of the other engines right now Greybox)

It does work with the other 2 galleries that are included in the mambot, but I really like the moo-tools the best.

I have a sneaking suspicion it is the Joomlart Template but I am not sure since I am not a programmer. I usually can get things to work, but I am stumped on this one. I really like the product and I want it to work so I can use it for clients also without having to worry about template restrictions. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #1376 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: kdmconsultants.com
When this error occurs in IE, it's because of some javascript conflict that crashes IE (not that IE handles JS as it should...).

The difference between SIG Free and SIG Pro is that the second one calls any relative css or js files on the head of the template and not directly inside content. So, SIG Free might actually have hidden these errors really.

What you need to do is deactivate all other extensions on that page except SIG Pro and start reactivating them one by one to spot the conflict. Once you do, let me know aand we'll figure out a solution.  ;)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Peter Konstantakos
More
17 years 3 weeks ago - 17 years 3 weeks ago #1377 by Peter Konstantakos
Replied by Peter Konstantakos on topic Re: kdmconsultants.com
I figured out what is conflicting. I am using a header module made by Joomlart. It works nice with their templates. I believe I already tried yours but it didn't work with the joomlart template. So when I unpublished this header module the moo-tools worked fine. I will attach this module so you can check it out it is mod_ja_header.zip. Can I use Front Page Slide Show as a header?

• Peter Konstantakos
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #1378 by Peter Konstantakos
I got your ajax header to work. Now the moo-tools thumbnails are there but the slide show does not work. I will keep plugging away at it. Got a meeting but will work on it later

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #1379 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: kdmconsultants.com
It's because they conflict, one uses jQuery and the other Mootools... BUT! Why not switch the engine of SIG Pro to Thickbox? That way they'll be compatible...  ;)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Peter Konstantakos
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #1380 by Peter Konstantakos
I really like the moo tools better. Seems smoother. More Slick

• Peter Konstantakos
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #1381 by Peter Konstantakos
OK I have just turned Front Page Slide Show into the header module position of this template. And none of the engines work correctly in IE or Firefox. When I only publish the module to the home page the galleries work correctly. I have seen your components work on your sample sites so what do think is causing the conflicts with the Joomlart templates. Is it the menu system? Need some help please.