Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Swipebox - Image caption, action bar don't show on mobiles

• Contemporary Art Society of Victoria Inc.
  • Contemporary Art Society of Victoria Inc.'s Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #164926 by Contemporary Art Society of Victoria Inc.
Swipebox - Image caption, action bar don't show on mobiles was created by Contemporary Art Society of Victoria Inc.
I have just upgraded our site to SIGP v3.1 and I am using the 'swipebox' gallery popup.

The problem is that now NO CAPTIONING or ACTION BAR (with the close, forward & back controls) show up on MOBILE devices (phones). NOTE: These elements do show up correctly on our desktop computer screens!

I have tried a previous suggestion to add some code to the popup.php inside the jquery_swipebox like this:
if(!defined('PE_SWIPEBOX_LOADED')){
	define('PE_SWIPEBOX_LOADED', true);
	$scriptDeclarations = array('
		jQuery.noConflict();
		jQuery(function($) {
			$("a.swipebox").swipebox({hideBarsDelay: 0, hideBarsOnMobile: false});
		});
	');
} else {
	$scriptDeclarations = array();
}

NOTE: I added the hideBarsOnMobile: false option. But this does not work (although it did work with an older version of SIGP). Any ideas?
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Contemporary Art Society of Victoria Inc.. Reason: shorter subject heading

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 6 months ago #164943 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Swipebox - Image caption, action bar don't show on mobiles
Hello,

Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY
Please open a ticket so we can troubleshoot the issue.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
6 years 4 months ago #165624 by NAT Hamner
Wow! I am a new participant. I am a financial consultant needing information on the management of our Joomla web site.
I joined Joomla Works (today) to lEARN; did my first search (for mobile device functionality) and only got two "responses"....
and the FIRST response I read is THIS one which seems to state... "don't ask questions here, as you need to enter a work order, instead".

Is this a web development team, hosting a blog that can feed them new clients? or is this a user group seeking to help other users?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 4 months ago #165663 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Swipebox - Image caption, action bar don't show on mobiles
Hello,

This is a forum for supporting our products. Commercial products are supported through our helpdesk.
For our free products please use the appropriate boards.
The threads regarding commercial products are still here for archive purposes and knowledge exchange.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)