Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

K2 with SIG Pro - How to display image captions?

More
5 years 11 months ago #167799 by Eero
Hello,

I have K2 and SIG pro installed. Adding the photos on K2 gallery tab is easy and the galleries are visible on each item's page in the frontend. Great.

But I have no clue how to add captions. When I edit the gallery in K2, I can add titles and descriptions to each image in the gallery. But how can display those in the frontend?

I have read instructions which say that there are only three options: No captions, generic text or labels.txt file. If this is the case, why are there title and description fields in the software at all?

I am currently using GalleryWhite as the layout template.

Please tell me what to do. And yes, my subscription has expired, the version I use is 3.1.0.

Thank you for all help in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 11 months ago #167808 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 with SIG Pro - How to display image captions?
Hello,

The title and description files are stored in the labels.txt file automatically in the PRO version.
This means that the option you need to select in the extension's settings is "Read the contents of caption file"

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
5 years 11 months ago #167853 by Eero
Thank you Krikor! Everything works now. It was more simple than I thought. :)

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 11 months ago #167863 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 with SIG Pro - How to display image captions?
You 're welcome :)

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)