Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Insert only a single image from a Gallery?

• Martin Kruger
  • Martin Kruger's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #171926 by Martin Kruger
Insert only a single image from a Gallery? was created by Martin Kruger
Hi,

I understand that the main purpose of the Extension is for inserting a gallery of images, but please hear me out.

I need to insert single images from my galleries throughout my article. I am going to create a scenario to help explain the matter.

I write an article titled "How to install Joomla" and in this article is the installation steps. With each step I include an image from my gallery.

These images are from a desktop computer so they are quite large, however the Simple Image Gallery PRO extension allows me to have it as a thumbnail which is then clicked to enlarge the picture.

I eventually include the full gallery at the beginning or the end of the article.

The only option I currently see is to have each image in a separate gallery, but this will become very problematic once I have multiple articles which each contain their own images.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Kind regards,
M

Will the above be possible with Simple Image Gallery PRO?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #171945 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Insert only a single image from a Gallery?
Not really. I would recommend using the JCE editor with its JCE MediaBox plugin to add single images that link to a larger one (via a modal). You can upload these images into a specific folder for ease of use. And then you can simply utilize SIGPro to present all these images as a gallery in a single place at the top or bottom as you mentioned.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Martin Kruger
  • Martin Kruger's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #171953 by Martin Kruger
Replied by Martin Kruger on topic Insert only a single image from a Gallery?
Hi Fotis,

Your suggestion is the perfect solution for me, thank you.

I'm using JCE Editor with the MediaBox to display my single images and then using SIGPro to address my needs when I have to include a gallery.

Thank you once again.

Cheers

More
4 years 11 months ago #171978 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Insert only a single image from a Gallery?
You're welcome. :)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)