Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Feature Request

• Simon Hewitt
  • Simon Hewitt's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #172697 by Simon Hewitt
Feature Request was created by Simon Hewitt
Like the poster below, I have the requirement for showing single images within an article - basically, for now, I just want the expand image functionality you have which I like - galleries can come later.

Wouldn't it be easy to add another parameter to allow a single filename to be specified (or even change the display_mode parameter to accept a filename string in place of 0 or 1) and just display that single image?

I saw your suggestion of using JCEEditor but I'm a complete newbie with Joomla (despite 30+ as a developer, I've found all this more stressful than anything else I've done!) and am reluctant to subscribe for that too when the built-in editor does 99% of what I need.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #172699 by EGDOTCOM
Replied by EGDOTCOM on topic Feature Request
Hi Simon - can't help with the feature request but perhaps settle your fears over JCE. I was also quite happy with default until I came across the need to insert individual images when moving from a large 1200+ page site I set up years ago in HTML into Joomla. I switched to JCE Pro and never looked back. Its on all my sites now and is a great price. Yes, another module but (as you say) default does 99% but I find JCE Pro does 100% :-)

More
4 years 8 months ago #172705 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Feature Request
Simon, either way I'd recommend using JCE as your primary WYSIWYG editor in Joomla. JCE Pro is nice of course, but if you want to test things out, you can still use the Core (free) version of JCE (www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/core) and install its Mediabox plugin (www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/mediabox). A new option will now be available in the JCE editor buttons to easily create modals. Such a feature is more practical when it's on the editor's side.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Simon Hewitt
More
4 years 8 months ago #172706 by Simon Hewitt
Replied by Simon Hewitt on topic Feature Request
OK I've taken EGDOTCOM's and your advice and installed the two mentioned components.
I now see the JCE editor but I can't see any buttons to create modals.

I looked at www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/tutorials/jcemediabox/create-an-image-popup too but the information and screenshots there don't match what I am seeing. Very frustrating.

The simplest solution I have found so far is JH Image Popup. I simply install that and all img tags become clickable popups using the built-in Joomla Squeezebox. No need to change any Articles at all.

• Simon Hewitt
More
4 years 8 months ago #172707 by Simon Hewitt
I think I got it! You have put a link over your image.
(Seems double the work to me but if that's how its done...)

Thanks.

More
4 years 8 months ago #172708 by JoomlaWorks
The UI may vary in JCE (tutorial vs current version), but the process will probably be the same.

---

• Simon Hewitt
More
4 years 8 months ago #172745 by Simon Hewitt
Went again and subscribed to SigPro based on the help in this forum - bound to need a gallery in the next year.
Thanks guys.

More
4 years 8 months ago #172755 by JoomlaWorks
Thanks for supporting our work Simon!

---