Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Is there a way to search for gallery (folder name) in gallery manager?

• Hrvoje Znaor
  • Hrvoje Znaor's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #175519 by Hrvoje Znaor
Hello

I need to add image titles and descriptions to 60 galleries, which is kind hard to find because we have 400 galleries.
I know folder names and I can search em by browsing pagination but this is cumbersome and takes a lot of time.
It would be much easier if we could filter galleries in backend by folder names or by folder structure.

I wonder, do you have plans to add search option?
Which IMHO is one of essential features.

Latest Joomla, and SIG pro 3.7.0

Thanks,
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #175533 by JoomlaWorks
Use SIGPro's Media Manager.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Hrvoje Znaor
More
3 years 11 months ago #175546 by Hrvoje Znaor
Hello
Care to explain how can I add titles and description to images in media manager?
I need a Search option in "SIte Galleries" how to filter it so that only shows only folders from specific folder.
Current system doesn't have any search and its not easy to find for folders (Galleries)
Thanks, regards

More
3 years 11 months ago #175548 by JoomlaWorks
A better search option will be part of v4 of SIGPro coming this year. And I'll add an option to indicate which galleries have no descriptions at all.

In the meantime you can either use SIGPro's Media Manager (locate a folder and edit the .txt file that holds the gallery descriptions) or mass download (via FTP) your galleries, process them locally and re-upload. Since SIGPro does not use database tables, this should be an easy task.

---

• Hrvoje Znaor
More
3 years 11 months ago #175550 by Hrvoje Znaor
Hello
I know about workarounds, in fact Ive used em.
Problem is that editors cannot use workarounds like me because they either dont know or dont want to think much about it. Its easiest for them to use backend way.
I asked for this because several users complained about inability to search for specific gallery (folder) in backend
Its easy with few of them, but it gets harder as more folders are added.

If I may add a feature suggestion, it would be nice if you could add an option for the script to read file name and automatically create image title. Several galleries have option: A button Populate image titles from file names.
Script reads filename and automatically interpret underscores as spaces. So if file is named John_Smith_-_Happy_Face.jpg, image title became: John Smith - Happy Face

Looking forward for v4 :)

Regards

More
3 years 11 months ago #175555 by JoomlaWorks
The option you mention exists already. Look at the parameters of the SIGPro component. And if you use a specific naming pattern like John_Smith_-_Happy_Face.jpg, you can easily process it on the gallery layout override to "John Smith - Happy Face" (by calling str_replace() on the output of the filename).

---

• Hrvoje Znaor
More
2 years 3 months ago #179809 by Hrvoje Znaor
Almost 2 years after, still no folder sorting or filtering in the backend :'(
Is it so hard to implement it?
I have many projects with SIGE with a ton of folders and it's getting ridiculously difficult to find proper folder because SIGE backend shows ALL folders within images folder, no matter if folder contains cached images or non relevant images..
You promised that it would be done in 2020. so I extended my subscription.

Yet again you are promising a lot of stuff here:
www.joomlaworks.net/blog/item/309-simple-image-gallery-pro-v3-9-0-released
You wrote: "... and eventually it will have ..." , but still without any ETA.

How am I supposed to believe it again?

I know, its your product, and you work on it as you can, and there is not much I can do about it except vent here
or vote with my money and wait with subscription renewal.