Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Latest 3.8.0 version - still has missing features

• Hrvoje Znaor
  • Hrvoje Znaor's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #176292 by Hrvoje Znaor
Hello

I see that you released new 3.8.0 version, thanks for keeping development going.

However, after so many years, I still cant do simple but essential features:

1 filter galleries in backend by folder or keyword
2 set desired amount of thumbnails with {gallery} code - useful for module
3 ability to set random sort order with {gallery} code - goes well with 2

All above has been asked many times during years.
I am long term subscriber for SIGpro but after this sub expires I will not extend it because I need those
and there is alternative.

Best
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #176296 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Latest 3.8.0 version - still has missing features
1. This is planned for v4 (if not 4.0, surely 4.1 or 4.2).
2 & 3 can be added as options in the gallery insertion modal. However, I can also recommend the following solution for now:

a) Create a custom gallery layout (just copy the one you like inside your template's html/jw_sigpro folder - create it if it doesn't exist) and name it X_Random (e.g. Classic_Random). More on that on the "MVC templating..." section in SIGPro's docs: www.joomlaworks.net/support/docs/simple-image-gallery-pro

b) In the new layout's default.php file you can change the ordering to be random and you can set a fixed count to shown thumbnails. Then when embedding a gallery in a module, you can select the new layout from the added drop-down in v3.8.0. This is quite easy and if you're interested I can provide the relevant code through our helpdesk system.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Hrvoje Znaor
More
3 years 9 months ago #176343 by Hrvoje Znaor
Replied by Hrvoje Znaor on topic Latest 3.8.0 version - still has missing features
Hi

1. Glad to hear it and looking forward to it.

2. Already did it many times but its pain to it again and again on every new project where I use SIG :)

That's why I nag here and there in hope that maybe it will be included in some of future updates, sooner than latter.

Also it would be great (more user friendly) to use readable parameters instead of order based, where you search for 1st 2nd 3rd etc occurrence in {gallery x:y:z sintax, something like {gallery photos=4 sort=random layout=xyz ... etc..

But I guess that you are not using it yet because of backward compatibility - if gallery is upgraded old syntax would produce errors...

Best regards

More
3 years 9 months ago #176349 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Latest 3.8.0 version - still has missing features
Regarding 2, my point is that you can go beyond ordering and create a unique layout to use as well. That layout can then be uploaded to any new project and be re-used. But of course, it's a deployment preference obviously.

I'll do my best to extend gallery insertion with more control options.

As for having more readable parameters, you're actually right and it's something that should be implemented. Old galleries won't have an issue as the old syntax can still be valid, just not preferred for new galleries.

All noted. Thank you for your feedback :)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Hrvoje Znaor
More
2 years 4 months ago #179699 by Hrvoje Znaor
Replied by Hrvoje Znaor on topic Latest 3.8.0 version - still has missing features
Hello

Any news on this: "Ability to filter galleries in backend by folder or keyword"?

As I can see other users also ask for this: www.joomlaworks.net/forum/simple-image-gallery-pro/63362-filter-the-gallery-view-in-backend

Its almost impossible to use gallery with many image folders when several editors are managing website because of this.

I see that you have new version, and Im still using 3.8.0. but I cannot see if this is implement because my sub expired and I don't have intention to renew if promised feature is not implemented.

Thanks,
Regards