Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

How to eliminate the link "Powered by Highslide JS"

• Stephen Rowe
  • Stephen Rowe's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #25265 by Stephen Rowe
Can someone please tell me how to remove the link "Powered by Highslide JS" in the Highslide popup engine please?

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
14 years 9 months ago #25266 by Yiota
I'm afraid you can't. The Highslide is commercial so if you remove the "powered by" you will have to buy the highslide.

More
14 years 8 months ago #25267 by lacava
U can change creditsText and  creditsTitle in hs.lang javascript

More
14 years 4 months ago #25268 by John Ofori-Anum
Replied by John Ofori-Anum on topic Re: How to eliminate the link "Powered by Highslide JS"
Hi,

I don't know if I understand this....I also want to remove the text and cannot the file in which to do this....
I cannot believe that I paid for this product 20 minutes ago just to avoid debugg the free version so I can get a gallery to work with K2 and the answer is "No you can't".

I have not come across a product where it saids in the fine print, you can use the product oh and by the way another company's piece of advertising is permanent unless you pay a second fee.

Is this really the case?

Anyone?

regards
J

More
14 years 3 months ago #25269 by Lefteris
I think it shouldn't have a link to Highslide.com with the text "Powered by Highslide JS" - it does not belong to joomlaworks... did you figure out how to get rid of it? It would be very helpful. I'll post it if I figure it out, my website is not a commercial website, and highslide.com does not charge for their code for non-commercial websites. And in the extension called Highslide for Joomla by joomlanook.com showing the Highslide credits is an option in the configuration - that's how this one should be too. I would that one instead if it generated thumbnails.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #25270 by Maik Kaune
This could help you. Please read the docs carefully:

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/edition/replace/7642

or maybe this:
www.nonumber.nl/extensions/rereplacer

More
14 years 3 months ago #25271 by Lefteris
It sounds great, I'll try Abivia, that should do it. Thanks for your help.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 10 months ago #25272 by jeronimov
For the fastest fix which doesn't involve adding in scripts to the header (avoid those conflicts) is BY ADDING THIS TO YOUR STYLESHEET:

a.highslide-credits,
a.highslide-credits i {
display: none;
}

a.highslide-credits, a.highslide-credits i {
color:silver;
font-size:0;
padding:0;
text-decoration:none }

BTW the developper lets commercial and non commercial users remove the credits with showCredits = false;