Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Joomla 4 support

More
1 year 7 months ago #180307 by Peggy Baussart
Replied by Peggy Baussart on topic Joomla 4 support
Hello
where is SIGP for J4?
Your users have been asking for it for 1 year. What's going on ?
Have your developers left the company?
Out of honesty for your customers you could:
1. you move to exit SIGP for J4
2. Communicate and respond to your customers on the forum
3. stop selling SIGP for J3 which is obsolete. Who still builds a site under J3 today?

It is certain that your lack of responsiveness is causing you to lose many customers.

My clients for whom I created sites with SIGP are furious because rendering with the plugin is not the same as the component. And I too am furious.

Are you going to extend the subscription of your customers who paid for nothing in 2021?

Is there still a pilot on this plane?
There is an echo here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #180325 by Carol Haynes
Replied by Carol Haynes on topic Joomla 4 support
I get the impression JoomlaWorks is defunct - they don't answer support requests and only one Pro extension has been upgraded for Joomla 4 (and that only for PHP 5, 6, 7) all of which are defunct - well 7 is almost defunct.

Their templates are for version 3 too

I just renewed my subscription in error not realising they have been promising SIG Pro for over a year and no updates for over 18 months. I only upgraded because the official Joomla extensions directory says it is J4 compatible.

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #180406 by Pat
Replied by Pat on topic Joomla 4 support

I just renewed my subscription in error not realising they have been promising SIG Pro for over a year and no updates for over 18 months. I only upgraded because the official Joomla extensions directory says it is J4 compatible.

Same goes for me... In the JED it says it's compatible but it's standard version only. But it's easy to overlook that. So I did believe there is a J4 version for the pro version as well. Wrong guess!

No software updates for a long time, no information about J4 compatibility, no respond here from developers and even absolutely no answer to my support ticket! I consider this project to be dead.

I give the developers a few more days time to post answer about J4 compatibility and to answer my ticket. If there still is no answer I'm forced to write a review at the JED accordingly.

Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Pat.

More
1 year 6 months ago #180407 by Carol Haynes
Well over a month since I posted a support request to help desk and no response.

Approached PayPal for subs refund - if that fails will go to my card provider.

Once resolved will post a review to JED.

JoomlaWorks seems to be dead - it looks like there was an assett stripping sellout to another company who are only interested in collecting money for nothing.

More
1 year 6 months ago #180408 by Pat
Replied by Pat on topic Joomla 4 support

[...]it looks like there was an assett stripping sellout to another company who are only interested in collecting money for nothing.

Money for nothing
- Dire Straits 1985
:)

More
1 year 6 months ago #180409 by Carol Haynes
Why Aye Man!

LOL ... blast from the past

More
1 year 6 months ago #180435 by Richard
Replied by Richard on topic Joomla 4 support
So this isnt going to happen clearly - what are you guys using instead of SIG pro?
Im looking for a responsive J4 image gallery like this one that i can easily add titles to, what is best guys and girls?

More
1 year 6 months ago #180436 by Carol Haynes
Following ...

I used Phoca Gallery in the distant past ... seems to be J4 compat so I may give that another spin. They have other good extensions too.

By the way my refund came through after raising a claim with PayPal. No direct reply from JoomlaWorks though.

More
1 year 6 months ago #180451 by Oliver Lorch
Replied by Oliver Lorch on topic Joomla 4 support
Hello Richard,
we used SIGPro on really many many pages and now have to deal with this "no answer" policy of Joomlaworks too.
We are using now SIGE - Simple Image Gallery Extended by Victor Vogel, who is (or was), afaik one of the Joomla core developers. You get it on kubik-rubik dot DE. Site s available in English too.
The advantage is, that the syntax, means the main tag, is the same as in SIGPro.
He uses {gallery} too. I have tested it on some sites and if no parameters are given I didn't even have to open the article, it just works. Looks a bit different but not much. For us its a good alternative.
Maybe this helps
Oliver

More
1 year 6 months ago #180459 by Richard
Replied by Richard on topic Joomla 4 support
That is really helpful Oliver many thanks