Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

SIG Pro Not Working!

• Royal Bhaktapur
  • Royal Bhaktapur's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #3332 by Royal Bhaktapur
SIG Pro Not Working! was created by Royal Bhaktapur
Just Purchased the SIG Pro module. Looked very nice in the demo. So I want to use the GreyBox feature. Thumbnails are generating and it's working. Damm that's easy, no more work for generate those stupid things!
Only all the small thumbnails (50pixels) are showing under each other, not next to each other. Also the nice thumbnail effect border is not shown like in the demo.
And at last, the image is just opening in a new window instead of the greybox popup.
Edit: I've tried all the pop-up methods. None of them are working.

Site url (not live yet!):
www.royalbhaktapur.com/beta/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1&Itemid=6

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #3333 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: SIG Pro Not Working!
You need to disable Joomla's cache first (cause the cache prevents plugins from working properly - this is a bug on Joomla 1.0.x). Than you should know that your site's template has moo.fx loaded onto it. That means you will get conflicts with the Slimbox and Thickbox engines probably.  ;)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Royal Bhaktapur
More
16 years 11 months ago #3334 by Royal Bhaktapur
Replied by Royal Bhaktapur on topic Re: SIG Pro Not Working!
Cache was already off: At Global Configuration --> cache: Caching is set to "no"
At the index.php I've removed all those lines which might be causing a conflict. Unfortunately I cannot see any difference after making these modifications.

Any other tips to get this mod working?

More
16 years 11 months ago #3335 by JoomlaWorks
SIG Pro includes some CSS and JS files on the <head> of the template. When these are not visible in source code view, then it's usually the cache preventing the plugin from functioning properly. In your case it can be a third-party cache component. Please be more specific. If you have doubts, do a second install on your server (a clean joomla install) to make sure.

---

• Royal Bhaktapur
More
16 years 11 months ago #3336 by Royal Bhaktapur
Thanks for your reply. I'm already a little bit further (I hope). I tested it on my  clean joomla localhost install. Working perfectly. When I change it to my customized template it isn't working. Tried to delete all the lines, which might be causing problems, no difference.
When checking the source, it seems that the code for the popups is not being written into the index.php
My index.php template is set to: 644. It says writeable at the templates section. So the problem might be in the template or its associated css files. But still don't know how to solve it  :(

More
16 years 11 months ago #3337 by JoomlaWorks
Did you include this code snippet in the head of your template?
<?php mosShowHead(); ?>

---

• Royal Bhaktapur
More
16 years 11 months ago #3338 by Royal Bhaktapur
Yes something like that in included into the index.php / head.
<?php
if ( $my->id ) initEditor();
mosShowHead();
?>

More
16 years 11 months ago #3339 by JoomlaWorks
Well, you already aknowledged the fact that this is a template issue. Since this will not help users here, feel free to mail JoomlaWorks and get help for it.  ;)

---

• Royal Bhaktapur
More
16 years 11 months ago #3340 by Royal Bhaktapur
Thanks for your reply. I've sent an e-mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This is the correct address, right? Have you received my mails, since I haven't got a reply yet.
Please let me know.
Thanks.

More
16 years 11 months ago #3341 by JoomlaWorks
Well, the answer is quite simple.

You are loading the gallery inside a module. A module however, although capable of displaying plugins within it, it is not able to handle certain joomla functions (like the $mainframe->addCustomHeadTag function), which SIG Pro utilizes in particular (so that it renders XHTML/CSS Valid).

In other words, the SIG Pro tags you enter are transformed in a gallery, but the required CSS and JS files are not passed to the head of the template -as they should.

Take the gallery off the module and put it inside a content item and you will see it works.  ;)

Sorry, but this is the way Joomla works.

---