Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

SIG PRo conflict wit Rockettheme's Dark Elemental template

• Kenneth Harris
  • Kenneth Harris's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 10 months ago #4150 by Kenneth Harris
I was using the free SIG without any problems (imagesa popped up and the forward, back and close buttons all worked), until I wanted to add captions to my thumbnails.  After installing SIG Pro now all of my pop ups open in a new window.  I am using Rocket Theme's Dark Elemental template.  Where do I go to fix the javascript conflict?

Link www.scsworks.com/sak - click on the galleries or new items menu link.

I have Tabs and Slides. Slideshow Pro and RokZoom extensions installed.

Thanks...Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago #4151 by Paul McCosker
Ken

I had exactly the same issue. 

Our new site (still under development) uses the Dark Matter template & SIG Pro.

For me, I simply changed the SIG Pro popup engine to Lytebox to remove conflicts with the theme.

example page shawfocus.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=27

Hope that helps!

• Kenneth Harris
  • Kenneth Harris's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 10 months ago #4152 by Kenneth Harris
Thanks for the reply Tajmahal...

But your solution still opens the images in a separate window and the lightbox effect is not present.

I resolved the issue by changing templates to RT's Vortex, and commented out some code in the index.php -

<!-- <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/js/mootools.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/js/slimbox.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/js/reflection.js"></script> -->

I tried to hack RT's Elemental, but could not quite get the code modified without creating more problems.

Now all is good with the SIG Pro and FrontPage slide show.

I have a ton of images to add but you can see the work in progress at
www.scsworks.com/saktest/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=55&Itemid=67

Fotis, now that I got everything working, I have a request regarding the captions,  Can you create a two caption system?  In other words I would like to display a short caption for the thumbnails and a longer caption for the pop ups.

More
16 years 10 months ago #4153 by JoomlaWorks
Unfortunately, the Elemental template by RT is reallllly buggy when it comes to all these mootools goodies.  :D

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
16 years 9 months ago #4154 by sddarkman619

I resolved the issue by changing templates to RT's Vortex, and commented out some code in the index.php -

<!-- <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/js/mootools.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/js/slimbox.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/js/reflection.js"></script> -->

and what did you replace this code with?
I have RT's Extremities 2 and am having some issues.
I wanted to go with lytebox but am not sure how to "simply change my popup engine"...
I woudl like to do a slide show with lytebox...see here:
divadevotchka.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=1