Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

SIG Pro Popups No longer working with IE

• Ken Hamel
  • Ken Hamel's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #4270 by Ken Hamel
SIG Pro Popups No longer working with IE was created by Ken Hamel
Hello all:

I mostly use Firefox, but recently tested with IE 6.0 and my SIG Pro doesn't work right. When I use Litebox (Moo.FX) I cannot use the navigation on the popup window (left right, forward back). It just closes the window.

I have installed OpenSEF and I'm thinking that might have something to do with it, but I tried turning it off AND clearing all URLs and I still have the problem.

Works fine in firefox. Help is appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ken Hamel
  • Ken Hamel's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #4271 by Ken Hamel
Replied by Ken Hamel on topic Re: SIG Pro Popups No longer working with IE
So after messing with this for WAY too much time, I used an option in IE 7 on "internet options" on the tab "advanced", the "reset" option. I had already deleted all my cache several times, but this "reset" is like re-installing IE and it worked. Now all my SIG pages are working!

Hope this helps someone else who might be having a problem with popups instead of lightbox.

More
16 years 10 months ago #4272 by speck
I am having the same problem with IE and SIG. The popups won't work as intended. The first image opens in a new window, and that's it.

Feel free to review it at the following site:
www.margaritaestate.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=13

In the docs it says that if this behaviour happens it's probably some other mambot screwing things up. But then again it works just fine in FF.... Please help  :'(

More
16 years 10 months ago #4273 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: SIG Pro Popups No longer working with IE
You're facing the "quirks mode" issue for IE. Look in your template's index.php (almost at the start) for something that outputs:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

Delete this whole line. Now you're done.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
16 years 10 months ago #4274 by speck
The following is the head of my template.. I found some mention of xml-version-thing and deleted it, but it still doesn't work... Unfortunately..:(
<?php
defined( '_VALID_MOS' ) or die( 'Direct Access to this location is not allowed.' );
// needed to seperate the ISO number from the language file constant _ISO
$iso = split( '=', _ISO );
// xml prolog
?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<?php 
if ( $my->id ) {
	initEditor();
}
mosShowHead(); 
require($mosConfig_absolute_path."/templates/" . $mainframe->getTemplate() . "/md_submenu.php");
?>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; <?php echo _ISO; ?>" />
<link href="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/templates/<?php echo $mainframe->getTemplate(); ?>/css/template_css.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="<?php echo $mosConfig_live_site;?>/images/favicon.ico" />

<!--[if lt IE 7]>
<script defer type="text/javascript" src="pngfix.js"></script>
<![endif]-->

</head>

More
16 years 10 months ago #4275 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: SIG Pro Popups No longer working with IE
Do a browser reset like klh did.  ;)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)