Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

URGENT: Litebox + IE6

• elle
  • elle's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 10 months ago #4393 by elle
URGENT: Litebox + IE6 was created by elle
Hi all,

Any help with this problem would be fantastic - I have exhausted all options I can think of so far....    :(    :(    :(

The problem is this - in Internet Explorer 6 the Litebox pop up engine does not always show up correctly.  Erratically and randomly it pops up in a new window. 
It doesn't happen in all the galleries on the site, and it doesn't even happen for the same galleries each time.  If I refresh the page it seems to solve the problem for a little while.  The problem does not occur in Firefox or in Internet Explorer 7.  I cannot solve the issue by using a different pop up engine either as Litebox is the only one that works properly on my site.  I am using menus that utilise moo tools and other modules / components that conflict with the other popup engines.

The site can be seen at www.horizonsports.ie and there are galleries in the golf / sports clients sections as well as in the marketing / events case studies.

So far in an effort to rectify this I have:

* Turned off the Joomla cache
* Made sure the xml declaration has been deleted from the templates to ensure IE6 is not rendering in quirks mode
* Tried changing the document type from Transitional to Strict in an effort to force standards compliance
* Experimented with the SIGPro thumbnail cache time (couldn't really tell what this was doing tho)
*Disabled the 3rd party cache component (Jaccelerator) in case this was causing the issue

Also, when I had fully finished styling the galleries and sizing the thumbnails etc I deleted all the generated thumbnails in the temp folder.

I am at a complete loss and this site is currently live so I am urgently looking for a solution!!!!!!!

Fotis - I can PM you a login if that would help....

Thanks in advance,
Elle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago #4394 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: URGENT: Litebox + IE6
Please post a direct link.  :D

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• elle
More
16 years 10 months ago #4395 by elle
Replied by elle on topic Re: URGENT: Litebox + IE6
Hi,

This is a link to one of the player's profiles.  I am using SIGPro inside Tabs (from tabs & slides)

www.horizonsports.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=92&Itemid=232

As I said it is randomly happening in IE6 so you may have to try a few pf the plater's before you see the effect I am describing.

Thanks!  ;D

More
16 years 10 months ago #4396 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: URGENT: Litebox + IE6
Try changing to the Lytebox or Slimbox engine. You currently have one more extension using moo.fx and this might cause issues in IE.  ;)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• elle
More
16 years 10 months ago #4397 by elle
I don't think this is the issue.....  :(

... I cannot solve the issue by using a different pop up engine either as Litebox is the only one that works properly on my site.  I am using menus that utilise moo tools and other modules / components that conflict with the other popup engines.

I have tried ALL the different engines.....

** Slimbox works with FF but not IE 6 or 7
** Thickbox does not work in any browser
** Greybox does not work in IE6
***** Litebox - obviously the problem as listed in my original post.... ****
** LYTEbox is EXTREMELY slow to animate and appear in both Firefox and IE7 and doesn't work at all in IE6

Like I said already - Litebox works sometimes in IE6 - it's the only one of the engines that does.... Fotis - I sent you a PM too with more info....  I am using the galleries inside Tabs and when the Litebox FAILS to pop up in IE6 I notice that there is a message in the bottom left of the browser that says it is still downloading an in-line image from the previous tab - but I can see the image is there in question if I switch tabs - but the pop up does not work correctly.  If I refresh the page then Litebox works fine.

I doubt the problem is a conflict with another extension since Litebox does actually work in all 3 browsers - it is just really erratic in IE6....

Please, please, please, please, PLEASE - is there anything else I can do?

???  ???  ???  ???  ???  :(

• elle
More
16 years 10 months ago #4398 by elle
Some more info for ANYONE who might be able to help.....

I have attached a couple of screen-shots to show what the problem in IE6 is....

Any help would be amazing - I've tried so much already to resolve this.  I really like this extension and I've already put a lot of time into getting it to work well in my site as I had to have all thumbnails the same size etc so writing that hack took me quite a while... I really don't want to have to look for an alternative at this stage..... please....?

:(

P.S. the attachments are quite wide so scroll horizontally to see the whole thing.... thanks.
Attachments:

• elle
More
16 years 10 months ago #4399 by elle
OH Good GOD - I found out what the problem was - It was the Ultimate PNG fix plugin causing the problem......  Not SIGPro... not Tabs & Slides... and not any other moofx stuff.... sigh....  :'(

The images that were continuously downloading were transparent PNGs... when I un-installed the mambot it worked fine.  I had to add some javascript to my index.php file but at this stage I don't care as long as it's working......

Whew!  :D :D  :D  :D

More
16 years 10 months ago #4400 by speck
Replied by speck on topic Re: URGENT: Litebox + IE6
I am experienced the same problems as you are, but I have already uninstalled ultimate png fix without having my problem solved.  ???

Please check my mambots and modules.. not much to disable?
www.margaritaestate.com/MargaritaEstate-mambots.jpg
www.margaritaestate.com/MargaritaEstate-Modules.jpg

I don't know what the moo-thing is, or what perhaps is conflicting with my gallery

The problem can be seen on the frontpage of the site:
www.margaritaestate.com/site/

Works in FF, not in IE

kent

• elle
More
16 years 10 months ago #4401 by elle
Hi Speck,

I was actually experiencing a problem with Litebox and you are using Slimbox... but in any case I have tested your site in FF and IE6 and 7 and I am not seeing any problems with your gallery.  It is all working fine.... Make sure you have cleared your temp internet files and re-start IE6 to make sure it is requesting the page again.

Elle  :D

More
16 years 10 months ago #4402 by speck
Replied by speck on topic Re: URGENT: Litebox + IE6
I cannot understand that you get a different result then me. This is what I get when I try to click the image on the front page:
www.margaritaestate.com/MargaritaEstate-Demonstration.jpg

And it doesn't matter what 'box' I use, all get f'ed up somehow.. Anyhow, it's great news that everything looks good when you test the site ;)