Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Firefox no longer works but IE6 does

• Omar Ramos
  • Omar Ramos's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 10 months ago #4804 by Omar Ramos
Firefox no longer works but IE6 does was created by Omar Ramos
Never thought I'd have to say this, but something actually works better in IE6 than in Firefox.

I've been working on a Craigslist-type site for my local area: located over at borderswap.com.

I had added a few listings the other week with Simple Image Gallery Pro installed and if I go and try and use the gallery in there everything works fine:

borderswap.com/sp/listings/categories/books/%2aexample%2a-lot-of-web-development-and-programming-books/19/

Then, if I try and use the gallery of a listing I just added today things get retarded:

borderswap.com/sp/listings/categories/computer/coolermaster-350w-psu/34/

In Firefox, the thumbnails are just fine, but when you click on an image the big version never gets loaded. In IE6, it's working just fine.

I don't know what could be so much different from the two listings that would make a difference.

I do have caching enabled (JoomlAtWork), I do have JoomFish (with SIG Pro's option for it enabled), and SEF Advance, but that's about it. Nothing too crazy about the site. One additional piece of information is that I seem to get a JavaScript error on these pages related to mootools.v1.00.js which is packed in with my RocketTheme ColorMatic template (if I remove it the site still appears to work correctly, I think this is because SIP Pro uses mootools as well).

Any help figuring this tricky problem out would be appreciated (I'm doing this stuff for free :-).

Thanks,

-Omar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Omar Ramos
More
16 years 10 months ago #4805 by Omar Ramos
Replied by Omar Ramos on topic Re: Firefox no longer works but IE6 does
I took Fotis' advice in another post to use Lytebox since it is more compatible (I hadn't wanted to use it since another user said that it made things stop working in Internet Explorer. I've tried it out and it seems that everything works correctly in IE6 and Firefox now, so I have to attribute the bug to the JavaScript in mootools, and it was probably the RocketTheme version that caused the problems.

It'd be nice to have mootools working however, just because that JavaScript file is getting loaded anyway because of the Control Panel at the top of the site, which would cut down the amount of JavaScript required to be downloaded somewhat.

-Omar

More
16 years 10 months ago #4806 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: Firefox no longer works but IE6 does
Lytebox is lighter than mootools cause it gets compressed. ;)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Omar Ramos
More
16 years 10 months ago #4807 by Omar Ramos
Replied by Omar Ramos on topic Re: Firefox no longer works but IE6 does
Excellent...I think a reason why I didn't want to change the JS library is because of RocketTheme's endorsement of Slimbox, which makes it seem better than alternatives.

I'm happy with Lytebox though and I think the animation is slightly different (and cooler) than the Slimbox one.