Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jw_gallery() .....Simple Image PRO 1.2

• Fran#oise van Essen-Woltering
  • Fran#oise van Essen-Woltering's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #4831 by Fran#oise van Essen-Woltering
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jw_gallery() .....Simple Image PRO 1.2 was created by Fran#oise van Essen-Woltering
I just installed Simple Image Gallery. Everything seems to to work. Then I installed the PRO version and from that moment on I get this error message when I enter the site:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jw_gallery() (previously declared in /home/gjaltkemp-scheepsantiek/html/gjaltkemp-scheepsantiek.nl/mambots/content/plugin_jw_sig.php:14) in /home/gjaltkemp-scheepsantiek/html/gjaltkemp-scheepsantiek.nl/mambots/content/plugin_jw_sigpro.php on line 336

I have uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it again but I keep getting this error. Can anybody help me to solve this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Platinum Member
More
16 years 10 months ago #4832 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Hi there!

Have you published in the same time SIG and SIG PRO?

If yes, is better please use only the one plugin ( SIG PRO ) and unpublish or unistall the SIG.

If this not work, please give us a link to see the site with those warnings!

Thank you!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #4833 by Fran#oise van Essen-Woltering
Replied by Fran#oise van Essen-Woltering on topic Re: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jw_gallery() .....Simple Image PRO 1.2
Thank you for your reply!

I unstalled the SIG and reinstalled the PRO. The "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jw_gallery() .... " doesn't show up anymore, but al lot of other warnings do.
Please take a look at: gjaltkemp-scheepsantiek.nl/algemeen/algemeen/sig-pro-test.html and see warnings like:

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/images/stories/17be1c5cb33b18d7d2216c5ae17967f2jpg) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/gjaltkemp-scheepsantiek:/opt/php4/lib/php:/opt/php5/lib/php:/nfs/sessions:/tmp) in /home/gjaltkemp-scheepsantiek/html/gjaltkemp-scheepsantiek.nl/mambots/content/plugin_jw_sigpro.php on line 285

I'm looking for a solution myself, but would appriciate a little help. I noticed that the folder images/stories/temp (which I believe are meant for storing the thumbnails? CHMOD=777) stays empty. Instead the thumbnails are stored directly in the folder images/stories. Is that normal?

I also installed SIG PRO for another website, which is hosted on the same server as the site with all the warnings. Here it seems to function well: the thumbnails show up without any warnings ...

More
16 years 10 months ago #4834 by JoomlaWorks
You get the errors due to your hosts server configuration.

Try this in the backend:
Site >> Global Configuration >> (tab) Server >> Error Reporting:
select "System Default" or "none".

That should fix these warnings. And check with your host too on that.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
16 years 10 months ago #4835 by Fran#oise van Essen-Woltering
Replied by Fran#oise van Essen-Woltering on topic Re: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare jw_gallery() .....Simple Image PRO 1.2
Thanks a lot. As you suggested I selected Error reporting: "None" and all errors are gone. This looks much better, but I will contact my host tomorrow about this.

• Platinum Member
More
16 years 10 months ago #4836 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Take a look at this thread
forum.joomlaworks.net/index.php?topic=1266.msg4637#msg4637

and try the solution that is reported there!

Thank you!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
16 years 10 months ago #4837 by Fran#oise van Essen-Woltering
Yes, I did try that already, but without succes. My host is informed about the problem and we are still trying to solve it. I'll let you know.

I do have 1 more question and 1 remark:

The error: Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/images/stories/temp/17be1c5cb33b18d7d2216c5ae17967f2jpg)

I don't see the "." before "jpg". Could that be the problem?

My remark concerns the following: I noticed that all created thumbnails were directly placed in "images/stories", which makes this directory rather messy.

No "temp" directory was available, although in plugin_jw_sigpro.php is stated:

// CHECK IF TEMP FOLDER EXISTS, IF NOT, CREATE IT
if (!is_dir($mosConfig_absolute_path.$tempfolder)) { mkdir ($mosConfig_absolute_path.$tempfolder, 0755);}

I created the temp directory manually, but eventhough all thumbnails were stored in "images/stories". I found out in plugin_jw_sigpro.php in the parameters section:

$rootfolder = $param->get('rootfolder','/images/stories/');
$tempfolder = $param->get('tempfolder','/images/stories/'); //leave images/stories for safety

I changed $tempfolder to:
$tempfolder = $param->get('tempfolder','/images/stories/temp/');

and from that moment all created thumbnails were stored in the temp directory.

After writing all this I don't know if this problem has already been discussed somewhere else on the forum. If so, I apologize.

• Platinum Member
More
16 years 10 months ago #4838 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Hi there!!!

I don't see the "." before "jpg". Could that be the problem?

well, yes, could be that the problem!

can you please email me an super administrator account to see the problem?!
i belive, you have the latest version of SIG PRO, cause the "." issue was found in early versions of SIG PRO.

About the temporary folder.
You can change it from the params of the mambot ( Thumbnails Temp Folder )!
Wasn't necessary to change the code!

But if your server can't give you ( or give on the SIG PRO ) permissions to execute the command
if (!is_dir($mosConfig_absolute_path.$tempfolder)) { mkdir ($mosConfig_absolute_path.$tempfolder, 0755);}
you have done very good to create it manual!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
16 years 10 months ago #4839 by Fran#oise van Essen-Woltering

About the temporary folder.
You can change it from the params of the mambot ( Thumbnails Temp Folder )!
Wasn't necessary to change the code!

Despite the fact the parameter Thumbnails Temp Folder was (left default) "images/stories/temp/", no such folder was created! Manually was the only way ...! To check this I installed the mambot on another site, hosted by another company: also here: manually creating the temp folder was necessary and changing the $tempfolder, although the mambot parameter was left default and indicating to: images/stories/temp/.

About the other question I will email you a super administrator account.