Keyword

There was a problem rendering your image gallery

More
9 years 1 month ago #141801 by Ben
The gallery worked perfectly, and then suddenly stopped. This is the message.

There was a problem rendering your image gallery. Please make sure that the folder you are using in the Simple Image Gallery plugin tags exists and contains valid image files. The plugin could not locate the folder: images/galleries/2014

1) There's only images in the folder.
2) Folder permissions is 755.
3) The plugin is enabled, and referencing correctly.
<p>{gallery}galleries/2014{/gallery}</p>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #141810 by Lefteris
Hi,

Can you try with a different gallery?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 1 month ago #141824 by Ben
Just uploaded a new gallery with totally different images. It's doing exactly the same thing.

More
9 years 1 month ago #141886 by Lefteris
Then it's either a permissions or a setup issue. Ensure that the folder permissions are set to 755 and the file permissions are set to 644. Finally ensure that the path is correct. As the message says the plugin is searching at the folder YOUR_SITE/images/galleries/2014 .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 1 month ago #142337 by Egbert Oldenboom
Replied by Egbert Oldenboom on topic There was a problem rendering your image gallery
All of a sudden I get the same message. Have used this for years without a problem.
I discovered there is a connection with the number of tags on an item. If an item has more than 4 tags, then I get this error message. I can't understand how the tagging is related to the images though.
site: www.kunstinlochem.nl

More
9 years 1 month ago #142378 by Lefteris
@Egbert Oldenboom

I don't see any issues on your site. Page www.kunstinlochem.nl/index.php/kunstroute-2014/kunstwerken/item/346-marianne-mol has more than 4 tags and the gallery works fine.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #142466 by Egbert Oldenboom
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Egbert Oldenboom.

More
9 years 1 month ago #142467 by Egbert Oldenboom
Replied by Egbert Oldenboom on topic There was a problem rendering your image gallery
OK I think I understand what the problem is. K2 can't handle spaces. I knew this to be a problem with names of images, much to the frustration of my users. But now the inability to handle spaces seems to have stretched itself to tags. A new challenge ;).

More
9 years 1 month ago #142468 by Egbert Oldenboom
I think I jumped to conclusions. I still have the situation with the number of tags giving problems. In the two examples above the one with two tags has no problems, the item with 3 tags gives the error.

More
9 years 1 month ago #142500 by Lefteris
It has nothing to do with the tags as i already explained. The issue is raised from the galleries of the related items. Example: www.kunstinlochem.nl/index.php/kunstroute-2014/kunstroute-2014-locaties/lochem-barchem/item/661-astrid-koppen . This means that either you have deleted this item's gallery files from the server or the permissions are not correct.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---