Keyword

Updating image descriptions

More
8 years 5 months ago #149095 by Chris
Updating image descriptions was created by Chris
Hello at the moment when a user clicks on an image they get a rather meaningless "You are viewing the image with filename Dining2.jpg". Is there any way to just have a title in this space instead of what is there? So for example simply "Dunnottar Castle". Or at a push I could call the file Dunnottar_Castle.jpg but id like the "You are viewing the image with filename " and ".jpg" removed to leave "Dunottar_Castle". Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #149115 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Updating image descriptions
Hi,

The features you are asking for are available in the PRO version of the extension.

In the free version you can only have common messages for all the images. If you don't want the description you can hide it using CSS.

If you want to use the filename as title, this is also something you can do but it requires you to create a template override and implement the code on your own.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
8 years 5 months ago #149185 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Updating image descriptions
I do not need all the features in the PRO version. How do you hide the comment using CSS and in which file will I find the CSS to alter so that filename appears on its own?

More
8 years 5 months ago #149193 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Updating image descriptions
In order to hide the comment you can use the following CSS code:
.fancybox-title { display: none;}

You can put it in any CSS file loaded in your site.

Regarding the filename, this is something you need to do with PHP not CSS. Read the documentation to learn how you can create a template override for the extension. Then you will have to write your own code to get the base name out of the file.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
8 years 5 months ago #149375 by Chris
I have found the php page that includes the code popup.php but I am not sure where it pulls through the text "You are viewing the image with filename" from ahve you any idea if this pulls from a specific file or from a database table? It would save me ages in random searching thanks. Would also be useful to know the part of the code that pulls through the filename and I could then strip the file extension from it.

More
8 years 4 months ago #149421 by Chris
Dont worry I eventually found the correct PHP file at plugins/content/jw_sig/jw_sig/tmpl/Classic/default.php and removed the following parts under image title and alt:
JText::_('JW_PLG_SIG_YOU_ARE_VIEWING').' '.
JText::_('JW_PLG_SIG_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE_IMAGE').' '.
JText::_('JW_PLG_SIG_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE_IMAGE').' '.

Thanks for all your help. This will suit my site better as I will make the image names meaningful and it will almost perform as if there is a title for each pic when you enlarge them.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #149424 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Updating image descriptions
Do not forget to use overrides so you won't lose any edits in your next update.

More info can be found here: www.joomlaworks.net/support/docs/simple-image-gallery-pro

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---