Keyword

HTTP 500 Error

More
4 years 8 months ago #172921 by Katey
HTTP 500 Error was created by Katey
Hello, I have a simple gallery shortcode on one page that works fine. I duplicated the page added in a shortcode that linked to a different image folder and for some reason that page won't load now.

The image folder permissions are the same. Not sure what else to check. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Katey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #172940 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic HTTP 500 Error
Perhaps you have too many images and the thumbnail creation process (which is CPU intensive on the server) takes more time than allowed by your server setup. Reduce the count of images or the size of them and try again. Alternatively, if you have access to PHP's memory_limit, try setting that value to 64M, 128M or 160M.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
4 years 7 months ago #172986 by Katey
Replied by Katey on topic HTTP 500 Error
Thanks for your reply. The image folder that it should be showing is smaller in size then the other page thats working.

leapforwardlangford.com/dance/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=150&Itemid=462
leapforwardlangford.com/dance/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=151&Itemid=476

More
4 years 7 months ago #173008 by JoomlaWorks
In Joomla's global configuration, set error reporting to "maximum" and let me know. I need to see the actual PHP errors that cause the 500 server error message. It's also most likely you've exceeded your PHP's memory_limit.

---

More
4 years 7 months ago #173024 by Katey
Hello, I've changed the error reporting to Maximum. Thanks for your help!

More
4 years 7 months ago #173025 by JoomlaWorks
As suspected, SIG is hitting your server's memory limit for PHP, primarily because there are too many images on the gallery in combination with something else running on that page that also eats up or requires additional memory from PHP, in comparison to the working URL.

Either request a higher memory_limit value for PHP (yours is 64M now) from your webhost or use less or smaller to resize images.

---

More
4 years 7 months ago #173088 by Katey
Hello, the error remains after the memory_limit has been increased. One page works and that has a larger file of images. The page that isn't working has less images and all images are compressed. Do you know if there could be anything else thats causing the error?

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #173092 by JoomlaWorks
It may be because some other plugin is executed in the background as well, adding extra load to the server.

Either way you're using way too many images for a web gallery (purely from a frontend performance standpoint).

---
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by JoomlaWorks.