Keyword

Permission denied in line 2416, 2449, ... Anyone can help?

More
16 years 8 months ago #6439 by boon
Hi, I wonder if anyone could help me..... I'm getting the following message... just before the rss news.... How do I get rid of it?
My website is www.bolehnation.com (if you scroll down, you will see the RSS Menu at the bottom left corner)

Warning: touch(): Utime failed: Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/limboons/bolehnation.com/modules/mod_jw_srfr/simplepie.inc on line 2449

Warning: fopen(./cache/2c5029d5f371ce0bb0a60e80fa2349f7b94bffde.spc): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/limboons/bolehnation.com/modules/mod_jw_srfr/simplepie.inc on line 2416

Warning: fopen(./cache/0ba17361e1fb2a21ccce4be6a2b41f756ba1005d.spc): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/limboons/bolehnation.com/modules/mod_jw_srfr/simplepie.inc on line 2416

I'm a programming idiot... so your advice really matters! :-[

boon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Panos Kosmidis
  • Always SEARCH before asking!
More
16 years 8 months ago #6440 by Panos Kosmidis
Go to Site -> Global Configuration -> Server

1) Set File Permissions to CHMOD new files and check the Apply to existing files
2) set Directory Permissions to CHMOD new directories and check the Apply to existing directories

Press Save, see what happens now and report back.

INTERACTIVE WEB SOLUTIONS | Zend PHP 5 Certified Engineer

More
16 years 8 months ago #6441 by boon
Hi thanks for reply!

I tried it, but the problem persisted...

• Panos Kosmidis
More
16 years 8 months ago #6442 by Panos Kosmidis
Well i see there is a problem with cache, try to disable the cache and report back here.

More
16 years 8 months ago #6443 by boon
Hi, I did that, but it still shows...

More
16 years 8 months ago #6444 by JoomlaWorks
Make sure this file:
modules/mod_jw_srfr/simplepie.inc

has 755 or 777 permissions...  ;)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #6445 by boon
Hi, thanks for the tips! Anyway, I tried it, but I still have the same problem...

I've never had this problem till my website is restored recently, and I set the global register to off in the .htaccess file ... Is that where I made mistake?

Warning: fopen(./cache/bd761f3d235c0db452327213dc80e99ba06492f9.spc): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/limboons/bolehnation.com/modules/mod_jw_srfr/simplepie.inc on line 2416

Warning: touch(): Utime failed: Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/limboons/bolehnation.com/modules/mod_jw_srfr/simplepie.inc on line 2449

Warning: fopen(./cache/2c5029d5f371ce0bb0a60e80fa2349f7b94bffde.spc): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/limboons/bolehnation.com/modules/mod_jw_srfr/simplepie.inc on line 2416

Warning: fopen(./cache/0ba17361e1fb2a21ccce4be6a2b41f756ba1005d.spc): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/limboons/bolehnation.com/modules/mod_jw_srfr/simplepie.inc on line 2416

• Panos Kosmidis
More
16 years 7 months ago #6446 by Panos Kosmidis
Try to remove the extra code you added on your .htaccess file and check if your web site is working by doing this. And also if you don't mind send me by pm the code you have on your .htaccess file.

More
15 years 10 months ago #6447 by jakkies
Please see similar problem on my website under News Feed on the right: www.kitesports.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=1&Itemid=58
Warning: touch() [function.touch]: Utime failed: Operation not permitted in /usr/www/users/kitesp/modules/mod_jw_srfr/simplepie.inc on line 7270

I CHMOD the folder mod_jw_srfr and its contents to 777. Doesn't seem to help. What seems to be the problem

Thanx

Jakkie

More
14 years 9 months ago #6448 by student101
[SimplePie] Warning: touch() [function.touch]: Utime failed: Operation not permitted in ... 
Was this issue ever fixed OR Has anyone ever fixed the problem?

I seem to have a similar problem, the file/folders have the correct permissions and so forth - yet simplepie isn't happy.

I've re-downloaded from here and re-uploaded in hopes that this time it works.
Very odd ??? that neither my host or anyone else is able to fix this error;