Keyword

More than 3 feeds causes my website to crash...

• comexi
  • comexi's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #51792 by comexi
Sometime in the last two weeks, our homepage www.consejomexicano.org stopped loading and started giving a timeout error. Im not sure exactly when, as we were on vacation. Given that we were on vacation, no new changes were made, no new modules installed, etc... that could have caused the problem.

After investigating, I narrowed it down to a feed I used in the Simple RSS Feed module. However, after removing that feed, the problem persisted. I had to remove every feed but 3 for the homepage to load correctly. If I attempt to add a fourth feed the homepage times out and refuses to load.

I first noticed the error on January 1, 2013.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #51793 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: More than 3 feeds causes my website to crash...
What is the URL of the faulty feed?

The cache may have persisted as well. Do you still see the issue? Do mind that some RSS feeds may be invalid as well...

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• comexi
  • comexi's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 3 months ago #51794 by comexi
Ive tried all feeds one by one, and the module works. However, if I add a fourth feed, even if it worked alone, the module times out. If I so much as hit return after the 3rd feed, opening a 4th blank line, the module doesn´t work and the homepage won´t load.

It seems quite odd, and the problem came out of nowhere.

Thank you for the reply.