Keyword

Feeds not caching/displaying??

• cassetti
  • cassetti's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #53530 by cassetti
Feeds not caching/displaying?? was created by cassetti
Hello!

We use Simple RSS Feed reader to publish our Press Releases to our homepage. Recently (last week) our System Admin quit.

Today we sent out a new press release. I noticed our other website (also using Simple RSS) updated properly and displayed the new release. However our other (smaller) site wasn't updating the Feed.

I decided to attempt to force the cache to refresh by setting the Cacheing for the module to disabled. When I did this, the cache was cleared, and now there are NO rss feeds displaying on my home page!
I attempted to re-set the module's cache by setting back to "use global", but no luck!

I seriously suspect this is a permission based issue..... our previous administrator was notorious for locking EVERYTHING down. I suspect he locked something down too tight and is preventing the module from caching the feeds.

We are running Joomla 2.5.11, and Simple RSS Reader v2.3 (I know, we need to update to 3.0, but one step at a time, we still need a new system admin before I do any major changes).

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #53531 by Katia
Replied by Katia on topic Re: Feeds not caching/displaying??
For start, please update your joomla to 2.5.14...

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• cassetti
  • cassetti's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #53532 by cassetti
Replied by cassetti on topic Re: Feeds not caching/displaying??
Wish I could, but until we find an administrator, I don't want to touch the damn thing unless I have to. The RSS feeds is a bit of a priority... Just trying to figure out why my feeds aren't displaying, I guess I'll see if I can compare the permission differences between the two sites, one is working, the other isn't