Keyword

2 Modules same domain cache clobber

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #134950 by Peet
Here's a strange use case that I'd love thought on how to get around. I have two instances of the module on the home page. Each one references a feed from the same host/domain. The result is that one cache file is created and both modules read from it - even if I have caching disabled. The enduser result is that the two feed areas are showing identical content.

I tested this theory by changing one of the RSS URLs from hostname/domain to dotted IP address. While the cache was created and pulled correctly - the results are incorrect because the source host is using host-header redirect to provide content so an IP address won't work.

How can I get this to work? I cannot put both feeds into the same module because they are very different in content and need their own heading which I'm using the module title to provide.

Let me add that I tried to do this:
feed1: domain.com/feedinfo
feed2: www.domain.com/feedinfo

But it seems the module ignores the hostname portion of the URL and just caches domain.com regardless of host.

Thanks in advance!
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Peet. Reason: missed info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #134980 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic 2 Modules same domain cache clobber
Hi. You cannot do anything about this. We have to probably change the caching logic to avoid such issues.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 4 months ago #135016 by Peet
Replied by Peet on topic 2 Modules same domain cache clobber
Thanks for the confirmation - took me a while to figure out that far! Might I suggest you just change the logic to go all the way to the host level rather than just domain level? Should be a quick hit.

Cheers!