Keyword

RSS Feed not loading, multiple errors

• Alex Lee
  • Alex Lee's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #141410 by Alex Lee
RSS Feed not loading, multiple errors was created by Alex Lee
Hi, an exhaustive search around the web (including this forum) for an answer to my question, I have found ongoing discussions with no apparent solution or threads that were never answered. So finally i've hit the end of my rope and have decided to try my luck with this post. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps solve the problem.

My current setup is Simple Rss Feed v3.3 installed on Joomla! v3.4 running on xampp v3.2.1. Its all running on my localhost, so unfortunately I am unable to provide a link to the site, sorry.

Basically I'm getting the following errors:

Warning
JFile: :read: Unable to open file: feeds.lifehack.org/lifehack

Warning: fopen(feeds.lifehack.org/lifehack): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla\libraries\joomla\filesystem\file.php on line 328

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$feedItems in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla\modules\mod_jw_srfr\helper.php on line 42

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla\modules\mod_jw_srfr\helper.php on line 42

...and I have no idea what is causing the problem. Maybe its because im stressing myself out trying to solves this, maybe its because im ignorant

I have made sure allow_url_fopen is set to 'on' in my php.ini as well as setting appropriate values for upload_max_filesize and max_file_uploads (if that makes any difference). I have also enabled caching on Joomla (conservative caching) and have cleared my cache several times. I am using the following rss feed: feeds.lifehack.org/Lifehack
No white spaces, no line indents and the feed appears to be valid/authentic from what I can tell. Also I have tried it with both 'Lifehack' and 'lifehack' just in case the code is case sensitive. Didn't make any difference though as I got the same results either way.

Hopefully we can keep this thread going until a solution is found. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #141446 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic RSS Feed not loading, multiple errors
Hi,

Ensure that you have added the URL correctly in the module settings. It should be one entry ( URL ) per line. Also ensure that you have entered the URL correctly including the protocol part ( http:// ) .

Finally try to enter a different feed and see if that works for you.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Alex Lee
More
9 years 1 month ago #141454 by Alex Lee
Replied by Alex Lee on topic RSS Feed not loading, multiple errors
Hmm sorry about that. Despite the shortened form in my first post, im actually using the proper url feeds.lifehack.org/Lifehack and it is the only entry and indeed on one line.

Other feeds that i try result in the same error.

Perhaps ill see something I missed when i come back to this problem tomorrow.

• Alex Lee
More
9 years 1 month ago #141475 by Alex Lee
Okay i think i have narrowed down the problem. I tried eeds.bbci.co.uk/news/rss.xml and errors show up but the feed shows up, so it must be something wrong with the url feeds.lifehack.org/Lifehack

Damn... i need to solve this asap, im doing this as part of a freelancing job and the client would really like to have this feed on their site.

• Alex Lee
More
9 years 1 month ago #141486 by Alex Lee
Yes triple post I know but I have solved my problem this time! I tried a different plugin, "Light RSS" "Light RSS" (extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension/social-web/social-display/light-rss) and it works! feeds.lifehack.org/Lifehack displays properly now but there is also a buckton of php errors. Its not too bad though, im 99% the code is spewing errors because of all the fields I left as set to 'no' in the module settings. I suppose i will have to make to with disabling error messages for now. Or maybe I could just set everything to 'yes' and see how that goes..