Keyword

Question on caching

• Cauê de Mattos
  • Cauê de Mattos's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #143600 by Cauê de Mattos
Question on caching was created by Cauê de Mattos
Hello,

I've recently developed a Joomla 3.3 site, it's running great also with the RSS Feed. But the website is really heavy and it only works fine with progressive caching and system cache enabled. The Global setting for the progressive caching time should be let for a long period of time, as the site takes way too long to cache all of the information. The only module I have to clear cache page from time to time is Simple RSS Feed, otherwise it doesn't refresh by itself. I've already left all caching options for the module set in 0 (Advanced options > Caching > No Caching / Cache Time > 0). In the clear cache screen, the mod_jw_srfr folder is empty, but It only refreshes if I clear manually the page cache.

I'd like to know if there's a way to leave it uncached. Please check out the website:

deborarocha.com.br

The Simple RSS Feed is in the "News" section. Please notice that in the section there is a Facebook Likebox, this one works always uncached, it is always up to date, with no need of clearing the page cache.

Thanks

Cauê

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #143609 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Question on caching
Hi,

The module has an extra layer of caching. There is also an option for that . It is named " Cache time (in minutes) for feed content and remote images" . Try to set it to zero.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Cauê de Mattos
  • Cauê de Mattos's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #143923 by Cauê de Mattos
Replied by Cauê de Mattos on topic Question on caching
Lefteris,

Thanks for replying. The option you referred was already set in 0 zero. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Cauê

More
8 years 10 months ago #143932 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Question on caching
What exactly are you trying to achieve? If you disable both the "Cache time (in minutes) for feed content and remote images" and the module cache option, the module will be non cached as you wish ( which by the way is not a good practice ) .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)