Keyword

PHP Notices appeared after upgrading to PHP 5.4

• Dawn Russell
  • Dawn Russell's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #147075 by Dawn Russell
Hello,

I upgraded my PHP on the server to 5.4 and now the feed reader is showing PHP notices which makes the feed look like it's broken. I have turned it off due to high traffic on the site. Here's the notice: Notice: Undefined variable: feedItemLinkRedirect in /home/apelon/public_html/modules/mod_jw_srfr/helper.php on line 78

screenshot: screencast.com/t/3MJHa5gEq
page url: www.apelon.com/news

Here are the two feeds I'm linking to:
script.google.com/macros/s/AKfycbzHhrrUkB4nYcesYb3HWpwA4bZp-NgYcxycw_IszYEdCLOByAw/exec?408307475041878016
apelon.com/news/feed/atom/pulse?format=feed

What should I do? Thanks for your help.

Warm Regards,

Dawn
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Dawn Russell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #147230 by Lefteris
Hi,

Try the development version from github.com/joomlaworks/simple-rss-feed-reader/archive/master.zip .

In any case this is just a notice. You can set error reporting to "Normal" in global configuration to hide the notices.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Dawn Russell
  • Dawn Russell's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #148287 by Dawn Russell
Replied by Dawn Russell on topic PHP Notices appeared after upgrading to PHP 5.4
Hello,

Thank you for your response. I updated the feed software with the master.zip from GitHub as you suggested. Now the errors are:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$feedItems in /home/apelon/public_html/modules/mod_jw_srfr/helper.php on line 42

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/apelon/public_html/modules/mod_jw_srfr/helper.php on line 42

Please let me know when you have a new feed available.

Dawn

More
8 years 5 months ago #148293 by Lefteris
Are the feed URLs correct? Do you get any results from the feeds? You can always set error reporting to "Normal" in global configuration to hide the notices.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)