Keyword

Images resized by web service do not show in iOS

• Basil Clarke
  • Basil Clarke's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #166588 by Basil Clarke
I'm using Simple RSS reader on the home page of my website www.palmersgreencommunity.org.uk to display the Latest News and Comments

Desktop and mobile versions use different templates and they also use different Simple RSS Reader modules (the mobile home page shows fewer links) Within the mobile version there are different RSS Reader modules for Android and iOS, for reasons which I will explain.

On the desktop and Android homepages I use the web service (mobify) to reduce image size and this works OK (at least on Windows laptop, I can't test on a Mac)

On iOS devices the images don't display when using mobify so I instead use html to resize the images, which is non-optimal because of the file sizes.

Do you know why the mobified images don't display on iOS?

Two things you need to know:

1. The RSS feeds are actually generated by the same website that is displaying them! This is so that I can mix together the most recent articles and the most recent Kunena forum posts

The feed urls are:
www.palmersgreencommunity.org.uk/pgc/index.php/forum/recent/posts/sel-720?format=feed&type=rss
www.palmersgreencommunity.org.uk/pgc/index.php/local-news/news?format=feed&type=rss
www.palmersgreencommunity.org.uk/pgc/index.php/local-news/news?format=feed&type=rss&start=9

2. I have changed a line in mod_jw_srfr/helper.php so that I get the padlock showing on pages with logins (which is all pages)
line 94
$feedItem->feedImageSrc = 'http://ir0.mobify.com/'.$riWidth.'/'.$feedImage['src'];
i've changed http to https

Grateful for any advice
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Basil Clarke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 2 months ago #166608 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Images resized by web service do not show in iOS
Hello Basil,

Is there a link to the site I can see, also is there the module for iOS available anywhere (with mobify)?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Basil Clarke
  • Basil Clarke's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #166616 by Basil Clarke
Replied by Basil Clarke on topic Images resized by web service do not show in iOS
Hi Krikor,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The website is at www.palmersgreencommunity.org.uk. The best way of observing the problem would be to visit the website using an iOS device but click on Desktop View at the top of the page. You will then be served the mobified version of the Latest News and Comments. On my iPad the images don't show and I suspect (but don't know for certain) that they don't show on other people's.

If you visit the mobile view home page you should see images for latest news, because the module that is served to iOS users uses html to resize the images.