Keyword

Simple RSS feed reader - parse error in helper.php line 66

• Lefteris
  • Lefteris's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #31926 by Lefteris
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and after many searches, still haven't found answer to my issue so apologize if topic already exists but i did not found it ! So I need help !

I'm using Simple RSS feed reader 2.1. I've uploaded my Joomla site on my webhost.
Testing locally, this module works perfectly under Xamp environment.
Now online, this module gives me an error as I connect to my site :

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /homez.346/pchomese/www/modules/mod_jw_srfr/helper.php on line 66

I've opened this php file but I don't find the error! Here is a snapshot around line 66 :

// Create an object to store feed elements
$feedElements[$key] = new JObject;
$feedElements[$key]->itemTitle = $item->get_title();
$feedElements[$key]->itemLink = $item->get_permalink();
$feedElements[$key]->itemDate = $item->get_date($dateFormat);
$feedElements[$key]->feedTitle = $sourceFeed->get_title();
$feedElements[$key]->itemDescription = $item->get_content();
$feedElements[$key]->feedURL = $item->get_feed()->subscribe_url();$feedElements[$key]->feedImageSrc = '';
if($feedFavicon) $feedElements[$key]->feedFaviconFile = $item->get_feed()->get_favicon();

Could you please help me ?

regards
olivier

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #31927 by cptcrackers
I get the exact same error at the exact same line.

More
14 years 1 month ago #31928 by dilbert
good evening - well you are lucky ones -  i cannot install the  rss-reader.

There was an error uploading this file to the server.

what happened. Lemme know if you can help me. You get the admin-passwd to my site

just drop me a line at this forum here thx

@cptcrackers - i saw you at the fourms over there - at joomla. Great to see you again. I love Joomla

More
13 years 8 months ago #31929 by svault
Anyone has any solutions for this problem? I've freshly installed Joomla and Simple RSS Feed 3 times in a row and this same error comes up. No other modules were installed. Tried using Joomla 1.5.17, 1.5.18 and 1.5.20. All three versions do not work.

Also since one of the comments above said that the installation via Joomla might have been corrupted, I have also uploaded individual files via FTP after using Joomla install/uninstall manager. And it still does not work. Same Error coming up "parse error in helper.php line 66".

More
13 years 8 months ago #31930 by svault
Seriously, no help on this at all? Am I the only person having this problem? Tried searching on Google but can't find any concrete help.

Is it to do with PHP5? Does Simple RSS Feed Reader have to run on certain minimum specs? If so, where can I find those specs?