Keyword

simplepie.php error

• digitalmo
  • digitalmo's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #32009 by digitalmo
simplepie.php error was created by digitalmo
Hi

I am trying to decide if I will buy your premium extensions, but so far your support has been very bad. Please help me solve this problem -

I am using the Simple RSS feed reader module, but I get this error when it is enabled and I try to browse to any page on my site:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class SimplePie in /home/dm_jessem/themuseumsfv.org/libraries/simplepie/simplepie.php  on line 346

If I disable it again, there is no error.

There are several posts in the forum, but no responses from your team.

Please help us all fix this problem, and I'm sure you will get new paying customers.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #32010 by Moonstone
Replied by Moonstone on topic Re: simplepie.php error
I had the exact same issue.   :(

I just installed the Simple RSS Feed Reader module on my site at www.lordaeronexiles.org

I made no changes to the module settings whatsoever, other than enabling it.

Refreshed my site, and had a white screen with this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class SimplePie in /home/content/e/l/e/eleguild/html/libraries/simplepie/simplepie.php  on line 396

Disabled the module, and my site works again.

Played with it a bit more, and didn't have the error again as long as NO other RSS feed modules were enabled.

Tends to make you panic, though.

• digitalmo
  • digitalmo's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #32011 by digitalmo
Replied by digitalmo on topic Re: simplepie.php error
So it looks like gCalendar by Allon Moritz is conflicting with your Simple RSS reader. Any page where they both try to pull in data will result in errors. I have been researching the problem on the Web, and people suggest editing the modules to test for the existence of a Simplepie object before trying to create one. But I don't know which files in these modules call Simplepie...

More
14 years 1 month ago #32012 by dilbert
Replied by dilbert on topic Re: simplepie.php error

good evening dear friend

believe it or not. I geht the a bad bad behaviour with the rss feed-reader. Well - it is crazy

When I add this module, it serves up an empty page.  I have tried different module positions, and different feeds,
but in each case it serves up an empty page.  By empty page, there is absolutely nothing when doing a view-source.
I am using Joomla version 1.1.15, and the newest version Suggestions?

I allmost  go crazy - i get only errors. Plz advice

if you wanna log in to the site - i can send you the data

martin

ps - i also run the slick rss-reader it runs with ease
btw. can i run two times this reader - i guess no...

More
14 years 1 month ago #32013 by Katia
Replied by Katia on topic Re: simplepie.php error
Turn your site to the joomla default template to see if you have problem with the module. If SIR works fine there means that you have conflict with your template.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 1 month ago #32014 by Thilo
Replied by Thilo on topic Re: simplepie.php error
I have this problem also.

I am using a paid template from jommlart.com (Teline III) which has a RSS Feed included as top headlines. When I am enabling other RSS Feeds at the same page there is no problem. However, when I use your module (the Simple RSS Feed Reader) the pages breaks and the simplepie.php error described in this feed comes up.

Your module works only if there is no other RSS Feeder active at the same page. When using it together with other RSS Feeders the simplepie.php error pops up, no matter what template is in use.

The team from joomlart.com reviewed the issue (in detail and directly from my admin account) and came to the conclusion that there is a bug in your module, not in the template nor in the other RSS Feeders.

I like your module very much and would like to use it in my page. But as long as this bug exists I cannot do it as intended, i.e. together with the headlines module of Teline III.

Please investigate and fix this. It would add to the great work you have done with all the marvellous paid and free extensions you provide for joomla.

All the best!

More
13 years 1 month ago #32015 by wager
Replied by wager on topic Re: simplepie.php error
I don't get it, there is no solution to this issue?

Simple RSS seems to load it's own version of SimplePie than the one in the libraries of Joomla, is that correct ? So when a regular module loads the standard SimplePie and "Simple RSS" is active they produce this error because it's loading it's own version of SimplePie, is this correct?

Why is there no fix other than remove the module... very frustrating.

• Villaume Technologies Inc.
More
12 years 8 months ago #32016 by Villaume Technologies Inc.
Replied by Villaume Technologies Inc. on topic Re: simplepie.php error
I am sure this was a bad idea, but I was having this issue because the module was conflicting with YooTweet.

I opened the file includes/simplepie/simplepie.inc and did a Replace All of "SimplePie" to "SimplePie2".

Then I changed line 41 of helper.php from:
$sourceFeed = new SimplePie();

to
$sourceFeed = new SimplePie2();

More
12 years 7 months ago #32017 by chipshow
Replied by chipshow on topic Re: simplepie.php error
I have this exact problem. Can anyone help us out here?

More
12 years 2 months ago #32018 by emouawad
Replied by emouawad on topic Re: simplepie.php error
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class SimplePie in /home/elizabet/public_html/modules/mod_jw_srfr/includes/simplepie.php on line 397
RSS issues to solve
1) upgrade to Joomla verson is 1.5.18. as it has been corrected,
2) Simplepie libraries from the 1.5.15 version works with php 5.3,
3) If not using php 5.3, replace Simplepie libraries from the 1.5.15 version with Simplepie libraries from the 1.5.14 version
4) Otherwise open libraries/joomla/factory.php in a text editor and add the line
Code:
$simplepie->force_feed(true);

just before the line
Code:
$simplepie->handle_content_type();