Keyword

Help Styling mod_jw_srfr Module Title

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #33943 by Malc
I started to use jw_srfr with my site template JA-Teline-III. My compliment to JW for this nice module. I have it working how I want and found ways of styling the news feeds content with the tmpl-default style.css and default.php.

What I would like to do is customise the module to have the module title in a separate div with a background color and an rss icon the the right of the title. If you have seen the template style of Teline III you will see this modification would fit with the front page theme.

I was not able to find the module title code in any of the php module files. If I could locate the layout code that includes the module title I'm sure I could code around it to get what I need. Can someone please point me to where the module title code exists.

TIA

Malc

Edit: 27 June
I would still like to discover the layout code to style the module title programmatically so if anyone knows please let me know how.

However as an expedient measure I used a 'graphics hack' to get what I wanted. I took a little bit of graphic design work and 1 line of css. Maybe it will be useful to others so here's what I did and what it looks like.

I gave the module a class suffix _wcrss and added this to the template.css, could have been to style.css.

div.moduletable_wcrss {
background: url(../../../images/stories/rss-bg.png) top no-repeat;
}

I made a background graphic to fit the size, 392px x 26px in my case. Added an rss icon to it. Saved it as a png for better icon quality. Uploaded it to images\stories.

Image attached of final result.

Malc
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.