Keyword

[UPDATE - NOT OFFICIAL] of Simple RSS Feed Reader v 2.2

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #38705 by grayz
First of all, Thanks a LOT to JoomlaWorks for this module! I selected it among many others. But still needed some updates/modifications. Here you are!

Simple RSS Feed Reader MODIFIED:

February 21st, 2011:
    * Added option to catch feeds from specified category(ies) only
    * Added option to cache feed items to show them even if they are already not present in the feed (useful if the feed contains small number of items in a time, items are limited by category or due to other reasons)
    * Added option to set links as "nofollow"
    * Updated the CSS

February 22nd, 2011:
    * Fixed error with reducing of cached items

Download the modified version

I tested it only on my site, sorry if any error (new) will appear. Report in this thread, will try to be helpful.

If JW decides to include my mods into an official update, will be only happy; hope a credit to me will go  :-[

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #38706 by wager
Did you fix the simple pie redeclare issue, if used with another module that uses the /libraries/simplepie/simplepie.php ?

More
13 years 1 month ago #38707 by JoomlaWorks
Can you explain what improvements you did? I didn't quite get that thing you mentioned about feed categories. Additionally, you're saying you're adding caching to feeds when it's there already (SimplePie and Joomla cache).

Am I missing something?

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
13 years 1 month ago #38708 by micker
does it compatible with joomla 1.6 ?
regards

More
11 years 3 months ago #38709 by grayz

Can you explain what improvements you did? I didn't quite get that thing you mentioned about feed categories. Additionally, you're saying you're adding caching to feeds when it's there already (SimplePie and Joomla cache).

Am I missing something?

Sorry for very late reply. Caching is needed when filtered feed items (i.e by category) are very rare in the RSS. Thus, out of new 50 feeds only several can match the filter options. That's why I had to implemented separate caching function ONLY for matching feeds.