Here's what's been added or changed in RadioWave with the release of v1.1.0:
- Lots of K2 related fixes/improvements: use the new K2 modal introduced in v2.9.0, remove Google+ sharing (to be deprecated), proper checks for HTTPS in user profile URLs, added new item.php override for the "schedule" category (example layout), removed itemform.php overrides.
- Fixed DST time changes in the schedule overrides for K2 Content
- New (more complete) sample data used for the K2-based radio schedule & on-air modules (using K2 Content). The QuickStart package has been updated with the latest changes and the changes are visible on the RadioWave demo site already.
- Updated all Radiojar references to utilize HTTPS.
- Updated the code on all tabs used in module and component overrides.
- Added versioning to CSS and JS files so changes in these files are instantly visible on the web. Additionally, by utilizing the "nocache" URL parameters, you can enforce a timestamp on the template's CSS/JS files, which can be pretty handy when working behind CDNs or caching proxies. Just append ?nocache=1 (2, 3 and so on, as long as the string changes) when you want to force-load a fresh copy of your CSS/JS changes.
- Fixed long void between the last (right) sidebar module and the site's footer when viewing the site on mobile.
- Added support for more fields to be created for the schedule (previously you named extra fields with a suffix ranging from _a to _l, it's now _a to _z)
- Reformat mixed HTML/PHP on all template files so it's easier to edit them.
- Checked for PHP 7.3 & Joomla 3.9.x compatibility.
- Removed Alexa verification field (deprecated service) and jQuery version selector (previously applicable in Joomla 2.5).
- Lots of other minor fixes/improvements overall.
- The demo site now comes with caching set to use the "file" driver and gzip disabled for maximum compatibility with hosting providers.
If you are using Joomla v3.8+ and K2 v2.8.0+ we highly recommend you update to this newest version.
The RadioWave demo site has been updated to the latest release.
If you have an active RadioWave (or Template Bundle) membership, just head over to the Member Dashboard at https://www.joomlaworks.net/members and grab your copy from your "Subscriptions" page.
Or purchase this latest release from just 24.90 EUR. More info at: https://www.joomlaworks.net/joomla-templates/commercial-templates/radiowave
When upgrading, use the relevant update zip file to avoid losing changes in your index.php and custom.css/js files. For more, please visit the related documentation page here: https://www.joomlaworks.net/support/templates/general-resources/installation/item/211-installing-vs-upgrading
For support questions please use our Ticket Support System inside the Member Dashboard at https://www.joomlaworks.net/dashboard (active product membership required).