Keyword

New AllVideos plugin

More
16 years 7 months ago #6718 by Mark Peters
Replied by Mark Peters on topic Re: New AllVideos plugin

per.torstensson wrote: If you want the software so badly and with this attitude, I suggest you hire a developer to do the work for you.

Exactly.

I don't have an attitude problem. You just need some perception tweaking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Peter Swemmelaar
More
16 years 7 months ago #6719 by Peter Swemmelaar
Replied by Peter Swemmelaar on topic Re: New AllVideos plugin
Sp00n,

I agree with you completely.

I even think it counts for the 2 commercial components. I bought both, FPSS and SIG PRO, and both components work. When there are real bugs they fix them. When you have problems on your website, they even try to help you fix it.
The extra updates that Fotis and his team are developing are extra functionality and/or templates. When it is ready I see it as a bonus, extra value for your money.
I only think that Fotis should put more effort in his communication, only post in the forum that the new release is delayed is enough, I think. For future releases I should say, don't mention it at all and only tell the people when it is released. It saves a lot of frustration from reading childish posts.

Kind Regards,
Peter

• pptbpress
  • pptbpress's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #6720 by pptbpress
Replied by pptbpress on topic Re: New AllVideos plugin
I also agree. Make this FLVplayer commercial and I'll buy it.
But it is a free product, so what can I do about it.

If Fotis can fix the fullscreen, stills from the movie as backgroundimage instead of black background, and the possibility to put a watermark layer over the movies.
Then I will be the first to buy this great peace of software.

But I can't buy it because it's a free product.

Fotis can send me a mail and tell me what he like to charge for this extra options and I will pay him straight away.

I don't work for free also.

Regards,
Peter

More
16 years 7 months ago #6721 by Mark Peters
Replied by Mark Peters on topic Re: New AllVideos plugin

I also agree. Make this FLVplayer commercial and I'll buy it.
But it is a free product, so what can I do about it.

I know this is a bit of a moot point but even if there were means to commercialize this integration there still remains a moral question, should those willing to pay for such functionality decide for the joomlaworks community at large that they can no longer enjoy this free integration.

I don't have an attitude problem. You just need some perception tweaking.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6722 by arbit3r
Replied by arbit3r on topic Re: New AllVideos plugin
So does anyone know whats going on?

More
16 years 7 months ago - 16 years 7 months ago #6723 by Canuck
Replied by Canuck on topic Re: New AllVideos plugin
Just reading the Frontpage Slideshow section it appears they are very hard at work with a new version, but also behind scheduled release date. I imagine it is taking priority.
I have Frontpage Slideshow as well, but can't use it now because it does not like the tabs and modules I am now using.
But still, I am more interested in the new version of AllVideo plugin than FFPSS. Everybody has different priorities, so I understand that those who purchased a product would get first priority.

One thing I do know for sure is that Joomlaworks has always released real quality stuff, so I'm prepared to wait. 

More
16 years 7 months ago #6724 by pickles206
Replied by pickles206 on topic Re: New AllVideos plugin

Pickles206 humorous comment aside ("Look at me;  I can't wait 5 more months.") - This is a silly discussion. The plugin is free, hence it is _completely_ up to the developers to inform the masses in any way they see fit. Period.

"Masses", usually a serf would make such a comment.  I suppose you are from a long line of English butlers.  Since I am French, I will have to exercise noblesse oblige toward another who doesn't know better:

Screw you and the Yankees!  ;D

It's due in April; no wait, May; it's finally here in July--oops frogot about that excuse; will release August 31.  Now it's September 8.  Not only do our mighty institutions, namely the US government, Christian churches, Wall Street and main street business deceive us; but it is now the turn of the great institution of JoomlaWorks.net--with a Google PageRank of 7--who has lied to the "masses."

Fotis will someday be smuggled out of Greece hidden in an orange crate as Philip Mountbatten was over 86 years ago to eventually become the husband of Elizabeth Windsor, the Queen of England.  Fotis, apparently has this flair in his genetic code.  Look at his avatar.  That must be a mink coat he's wearing.

Anyway, this "scandal" has piqued my interest.  I believe that this "non-release" is merely a ploy to garner repeat visitors.  Someday, Fotis will sell the site and make a trillion dollars.  This is the endgame of the brilliant Fotis.  But then again, there are those who see the moves coming in this delusional nightmare.

I'm taking bets the the release will be next year.  Some people bite off more than they can chew.  Wait! wait! I'm almost done.  Oh darn, my dog ate my code.

Pickles Petunia

Oh I see, you're too busy failin' in life.

More
16 years 7 months ago #6725 by panter011
Replied by panter011 on topic Re: New AllVideos plugin
Hello ,

Do you thing the slide from www.slide.com will be also included?

thanks

Javier

More
16 years 7 months ago #6726 by neolier
Replied by neolier on topic Re: New AllVideos plugin
To this point Seyret component is a great alternative to those who want to create a video gallery. However, I also modified to AllVideos plugin to allow fullscreen and playlist, jpg image preview and other things.... I could sell it??? $5???

More
16 years 7 months ago #6727 by gtanime
Replied by gtanime on topic Re: New AllVideos plugin
Im kinda desperate. :'(
fotis when you said "August 31st"...
... what  year you meant?