Keyword

Audio player - Error setting up player: Invalid license key

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #165194 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Audio player - Error setting up player: Invalid license key
Can you try getting a new API key from - support.jwplayer.com/customer/portal/articles/2339133

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy Wilson
  • Andy Wilson's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #165198 by Andy Wilson
Krikor,

You have just asked me to get a **NEW** licence key ?!! Why? I keep telling you I never had an OLD licence key and the audio player has worked perfectly for many years.

****Please escalate this to your developers as this is clearly a bug.****

Dear developer,

Today, just to be safe I created and entered a licence key (for the first time ever) and it still didn't work.

I even tried reinstalling the earlier version 4.70 but my AUDIO player has stopped working in this version too, so I have returned to 4.80.

I had told Krikor previously that my audio files are on MY website. This means I am NOT using a video CDN and therefore DO NOT need a licence key. Or am I going mad?

I wish Krikor had actually read my notes and had understood them. Instead he seemed to give me random suggestions, which were not relevant.

I am so disappointed with the poor service but hope that now this case has been escalated that you will be able to give me (and the other users) a quick solution.

Thanks,

Andy Wilson
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Andy Wilson.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #165201 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Audio player - Error setting up player: Invalid license key
A generic is being used in case no key is specified, this is why I aksed you to try with a new key.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Charles Irestone
More
6 years 5 months ago #165204 by Charles Irestone
I don't understand why we need a key. I have never needed one before. And when I open the plugin, there is no place to put a key.

There is something wrong with JoomlaWorks 'AllVideos' Plugin v4.8.0 for Joomla 3.8.1.

I think your confusing All Videos with the JW player.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #165212 by Krikor Boghossian
As I have already explained a generic key is being used.
github.com/joomlaworks/allvideos/blob/master/plugin/jw_allvideos.php#L118

This is the generic key. This key was there before the 2.8.0 update.
Now having established this, is it possible ti use the link I provided in order to try with a new personal key?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Andy Wilson
More
6 years 5 months ago #165221 by Andy Wilson
Please read my last post #165198 before just repeating the same thing over and over again.

Is there anybody there who understands good English as it seems you don't understand what I have written.

I WANT TO SPEAK TO SOMEBODY ELSE

Thanks,

Andy Wilson

• Andy Wilson
More
6 years 5 months ago #165223 by Andy Wilson
I have posted the following to your Facebook page in case somebody else can help me.

I upgraded to AllVideos 4.8.0 and the audio player stopped working. Your support department keeps telling me to install a new API key to make the audio player work, even though I have never needed one in previous versions. I understand that API keys are only needed for remote CDN hosting of video files. I am not using a CDN for my audio files - they are hosted on the same website as the audio player. But just to make sure, I followed their instructions and installed an API key but it still didn't work so guess what happened next - your support department told me to install an API key!! Seriously, their support is the worst I have ever experience. Can anybody help please? I am desperate for a REAL solution (and please don't tell me to install and API key or I will go mad)

Thanks,

Andy Wilson

• Andy Wilson
More
6 years 5 months ago #165236 by Andy Wilson
Promising news. I got this response back from the JoomlaWorks Facebook page:

"JoomlaWorks Maybe there was some misunderstanding. In any case, audio files don't need an API key as they are no longer powered by JW Player but by Clappr, a free and open source player."

I hope there will be a solution very soon.
I hope Customer Support offer to log into my website and fix the problem.

Thanks,

Andy Wilson

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #165250 by Krikor Boghossian
You are receiving free support for a FREE extension.
Harassing and insulting people on the forum will not get your issue fixed sooner.
I am under no circumstances obliged to continue to speak to you with this attitude.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Charles Irestone
More
6 years 5 months ago #165257 by Charles Irestone
I am having the same problem can you help me?

I am using JoomlaWorks 'AllVideos' Plugin v4.8.0. I have installed this on many websites over the years and I am afraid now there is a bug. I am also afraid that if I upgrade this plugin on other websites it's going to break on those too.

I upgraded to v4.8.0 and all the videos I have on the website work fine. The problem is with the audio player. I have one audio player and it shows the following error. "Error setting up player: Invalid license key"

www.friendsof2rivers.org/bonner/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=237&Itemid=831

So why do the videos work and not the audio?

The AllVideos plugin is a free extension, it doesn't require a license key. If it did, there is no where to enter it anyway.

It's seems you have a bug. You have two customers that are helping you by letting you know something is wrong.

For others reading, I would beware installing this plugin until the bug is fixed.

Thanks in advance :)