Keyword

DISQUS comment system for Joomla! 1.5.x released!

• JoomlaWorks
  • JoomlaWorks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Admin
More
15 years 9 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #15064 by JoomlaWorks
The JoomlaWorks "DISQUS" plugin for Joomla! seamlessly integrates the popular DISQUS comment system on any Joomla! website/blog.

Read on to learn more about DISQUS, see the demo here and download the plugin at www.joomlaworks.net.

Boost your site/blog community by installing the free DISQUS comment system!
DISQUS makes your comments more interactive for readers and easier to manage for you - all while connecting your community with other blogs. It currently powers the discussion on over 4,000 blogs and now with the JoomlaWorks DISQUS plugin for Joomla! it's easy to add DISQUS on any Joomla! website/blog!

Take the tour at disqus.com/tour/ or signup for an account right away on disqus.com.

Highlights of the DISQUS comment system
 * With Disqus, your readers aren't just leaving comments - they're participants in a discussion that you've started. This is made possible with threaded conversations that are easy to follow and join. And, of course, it integrates right within your website/blog.
 * Commenters on the go? Receive and reply to the discussion from anywhere with email and mobile posting.
 * Leaving a comment can be as involving as writing a blog post. Encourage people to participate by allowing them to use their identity. Every commenter has a profile that is used on all blogs enabled with Disqus.
 * Without leaving the page, your visitors can view a person's discussion history and clout across all sites/blogs.
 * Commenters establish and maintain an identity on blogs enabled with DISQUS.
 * Track and follow what others are saying or subscribe to stay up to date.
 * Discussions on your site/blog are now made more interactive and social.
 * Readers can rate comments to help make sure only good comments stay in the conversation. Rated comments contribute to a commenter's clout, or reputation, on sites/blogs across the web.
 * DISQUS makes it easy to manage your discussions right from your website/blog.
 * Remove unwanted comments or block troublesome commenters completely.
 * Easily add others as moderators of your site/blog for some help cleaning up.
 * Full control of your discussions is available via your DISQUS dashboard.
 * Choose exactly how you want comments to be moderated with deep access controls.
 * Smart spam and troll filtering make your discussions truly worry-free.
 * Everything is completely customizable. The DISQUS comment system is designed to be easily extensible and configurable. Tweak the look or change its behavior to act exactly how you'd like.
 * DISQUS not only provides a better comment system, it can easily be used on places without a native discussion tool. DISQUS can be used on just about any blog platform or website.

Using DISQUS on your Joomla! website
The JoomlaWorks "DISQUS" Plugin integrates seamlessly the DISQUS comment system to you Joomla! website.

All you need to do is open a free DISQUS account over at disqus.com and register your website/blog. Your website/blog will have a community page at subdomain.disqus.com, where 'subdomain' is a name you choose when you register your website/blog with DISQUS.

PLEASE NOTE that this plugin currently supports only Joomla! 1.5.x. A Joomla! 1.0.x version will be out soon (for the technical savvy: we're working on this with the DISQUS crew, actually, as J!1.0 has issues with DISQUS post URLs when SEF is on).

Enjoy one more fine release from the folks at JoomlaWorks!

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #15065 by jedimaster
Great! i searching for this! Tks!

I need a litle help.. how to put discussion in my articles, like this example:(box)

demo.joomlaworks.net/content/view/30/50/

• visualimpressions.it
More
15 years 9 months ago #15066 by visualimpressions.it
Replied by visualimpressions.it on topic Re: DISQUS comment system for Joomla! 1.5.x released!
Is a wonderfull release!!!
Congratulation!

I have only a question:

How to remove comments from some articles in my blog. In particular I need to remove it from the static article on my home page.

There's a possibility?

thank you

• JoomlaWorks
  • Admin
More
15 years 9 months ago #15067 by JoomlaWorks
@kashmir
We will issue v1.1 to enable filtering on which content elements to display the comments.  ;)
Coming soon.

---

More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #15068 by kwesro
Hi,

Great release in fact guys! Any concrete release news (date) concerning the version for Joomla! 1.0.x  ???

• JoomlaWorks
  • Admin
More
15 years 9 months ago #15069 by JoomlaWorks
We're waiting for DISQUS to fix or provide a workaround in their code so we can deploy it on Joomla! 1.0.x as well. There is currently an issue with SEF URLs enabled on Joomla! 1.0.x.

;)

---

More
15 years 8 months ago #15070 by Dayone
:P I have been on forums for about a month trying to get disqus on my joomla site
I was just going to pay someone to build a way for me then I log on here today and find Fotis has made it
my site is currently at Joomla 1.0 and I dont think I will be able to move it joomla 1.5
SO I REALLY REALLY NEED THE JOOMLA 1.O VERSION OF THIS
AND I AM NOT USING SEF URLS SO PASS THE GOODS FOTIS
JUST MAKE A NOTE THAT IT ISNT FOR SEF URL USERS

• JoomlaWorks
  • Admin
More
15 years 8 months ago #15071 by JoomlaWorks
You're right Dayone. We'll release a j1.0 version either way.
I'll prepare this for Monday July 7th.  ;)

---

More
15 years 8 months ago #15072 by Dayone
Thanks Fotis
YOU ARE TRULY THE BEST

More
15 years 8 months ago #15073 by kwesro
Hi folks,

I know I know, SEF issue :-\ but I'm going to start with my new page in one week or something and wanted to know if it is likely to grab this 1.0.x version by this time? Any news  ???