Keyword

Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #155910 by Scott
Update K2 article text K2 text is importing but I had to add a word or letter to the content and save then remove that word and the article text appears in when viewing site

1. Attachements are not working even when I added the direct path to the CVS file

2. Creation dates are not imported and default to current date this is a problem

what can I do to fix the attachment issue

Design Starts with a Blank Sheet
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Scott.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Individual IT
  • Individual IT's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Developer of the K2 Import / Export Tool
More
7 years 10 months ago #155911 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Hi Scott,
thank you for buying the extension (its not a donation)

you are true the attachment path is not exported as they are all in "media/k2/attachments" anyway. So you can easily copy them wherever you need . But I will think about to show the full path there in future.

My guess that your second problem in a date issue. Please check the "Publish Up" and the "Publish Down" dates, specially the format in your CSV file. It has to be yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss e.g. 2014-05-06 00:00:00
Please check the format with a text editor as Excel might show a different format to what it does save.

Feel free just to post a part of your import file.

P.S. the documentation is not a translation from German to English, but simply written by a German ;-)

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #155919 by Scott
As mention the documentation is sketchy and for a non coder it really makes no sense

you post a comment
My guess that your second problem in a date issue. Please check the "Publish Up" and the "Publish Down" dates, specially the format in your CSV file. It has to be yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss e.g. 2014-05-06 00:00:00
Please check the format with a text editor as Excel might show a different format to what it does save.

The format is correct in excel and libre. The creation date for the article is in the cvs file but was not recognized when importing so all the k2 files order by Publishup DTG is correct . . Pushdown is 0000-00-00 00:00:00 Creatuion DTG looks good as well

The attachment path was no visible in the CVS file and the pdf files are in the correct location in the new site on local server. K2 import could not locate the files so I manual edit the cvs file with th ecorrect direct path for each pdf location and still K2 Import could not find the pdfs

how do I find the if the paths are intact?

I was hoping this would work as I'd pref not to redo each K2 item

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #155920 by Scott

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #155921 by Scott
update again,

okay so the cats not import I create the 5 categories with the same id 1 through 5

ran K2 import

same problem only 8 articles and no attachments the only positive new is the log file is shorter . I'd like a refund please...I have gone out of my way to resolve this on my own and yes I even tried a downgrade version of K2 Import same problem errors and non imported content

Log file

items were imported, but with some problems:

Unespected ERROR. We cancel the import. If there are just Warnings and Notices try to set your Error Reporting in System->Global Configuration->Server to 'None' or 'Simple'.

Warning: getimagesize(\): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\Dona\administrator\components\com_k2\lib\class.upload.php on line 3011

Warning: copy(): The first argument to copy() function cannot be a directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\Dona\administrator\components\com_k2\lib\class.upload.php on line 5151

Warning: getimagesize(\): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\Dona\administrator\components\com_k2\lib\class.upload.php on line 3011

Warning: copy(): The first argument to copy() function cannot be a directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\Dona\administrator\components\com_k2\lib\class.upload.php on line 5151

{"finish":false,"absolute_row_num":10,"error_message":["row: 1 there is no user with the ID: 657 I'm using the ID:665","row: 2 there is no user with the ID: 657 I'm using the ID:665","row: 3 there is no user with the ID: 657 I'm using the ID:665","row: 4 there is no user with the ID: 657 I'm using the ID:665","row: 5 there is no user with the ID: 657 I'm using the ID:665","row: 6 there is no user with the ID: 657 I'm using the ID:665","row: 7 there is no user with the ID: 657 I'm using the ID:665","row: 8 there is no user with the ID: 657 I'm using the ID:665","row: 8 - save attachments -
Local file doesn't exist. \\CPAJanuraryV712015.pdf<\/li><\/ul>","row: 9 there is no user with the ID: 657 I'm using the ID:665","row: 9 - save attachments -
Local file doesn't exist. \\CPAFebruary2014.pdf<\/li><\/ul>","row: 10 there is no user with the ID: 657 I'm using the ID:665","row: 10 - save attachments -
Local file doesn't exist. \\CPAFebruary2011.pdf<\/li><\/ul>"],"memory":"7.75 MB"}

Row: undefined / memory peak: undefined
Import finished

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #155922 by Scott
update 3

with a wee bit more experimenting

1. export each category as stand alone cvs file 1 has 7 itmes file 2 has 8 items and file 3 has 27

it was the loop setting that was causing the problem the default is 10 / loop and the 2 smaller files installed no problem (creation dates in tact!!!!! woohooooo better documentation would be great one more ready easy to understand from a newbie point of view

the 3rd file only import 10 file sand erred out .....deleted those files and increased Loop to 30 and presto all 27 files imported

so no money back reequired!!! :) :) :) though the time more time figuring this out I could have written each out over agian hahaha

the remaining problem is attachments they are NOT added to the k2 item

can this be fixed please :)

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #155941 by Individual IT
Replied by Individual IT on topic Tool for importing / exporting items to / from K2
Sorry to hear you had a bad Sunday caused by my extension :-(

If I understand correctly you manage to import the most of the data, glad to hear that.
  1. I strongly encourage you to switch off the Error Messaging. The Warnings should not be displayed on a production environment anyway. So please go to System->Global Configuration->Server and set Error Reporting to 'None' or 'Simple'
  2. setting the amount of items imported per loop is a very important step if your server runs out of time or memory during import
  3. On the screen " K2 Import Tool - configure the import" (the screen just after the upload) you have a setting saying "Root of files (images/attachments)" The default is "/", please try to enter the root directory of your attachments/images here.
    E.g. If your attachments are in C:\htdocs\attachments\ and your images are in C:\htdocs\images . The root of files should be "C:\htdocs\" and in the CSV file the image path should be given as "images\img.jpg" and the attachments path like "attachments\file.pdf"
  4. You are totally true, I'm not a great documentation writer. Nor I'm an English native speaker. Any chance you could help with fixing the documentation?
  5. if you are disappointed with the extension, no question I will send back the money. Also you should write a honest review at JED

Please tell me if you still have troubles.

More
7 years 9 months ago #155950 by Scott
the are 3 folders inbside the PDFs foled

images/PDFs/

Articles
Publications
Newsletters

I've tried different paths and none are adding the pdf in each of the sub folders the log wants to find all pdf files in

PDFs folder

local file doesn't exist \images\PDFs\CPAJanuaray2010.pdf

tried dirct path C;\xampp\htdocs\Dona\images
this did not work either.

logfile: local file doesn't exist C:\xampp\htdocs\Dona\imagesCPAJanuaray2015.pdf

Tried again with direct path C:\xampp\htdocs\Dona\images\PDFsCPAJanuaray2015.pdf

the import is not recognizing the 3 subfolders only the main PDFs folder as you can see th eabove log it's not drilling down to the next folder plus there is not separator in the logfile between the PDFs and the PDF name?

where in the cvs file do I find the path for each file?

More
7 years 9 months ago #155951 by Scott
tried a folder specific group Publications

using the /images/PDFs/Publications/

K2import could not locate the files in that folder but the files are there

ran the same import for single PDF folder (Publications) the other day I had exported each folder individually

this time used direct path to the publication folder and the attachment's position were recognized and the attachments are link in the K2 item
wow painstakingly painful exercise

now that cleared up I have no suggestions on how to make the process less complicated but clearly truing to import multiple folder is not working be case K2import is not recognizing sub folder...the only solution is one folder a time in my case if I had known this in the beginning I would have not wasted a good 8 hours trying to figure this out.

anyways hopefully the nextg update will address something the things I've posted because imo this is a must have Joomla plugin.

• Individual IT
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #155953 by Individual IT
Just for clarification,
could you please post what you have put in the "Root of files (images/attachments)" field and what in the CSV file when it finally worked