Keyword

[SOLVED] Re: reCaptcha not working

More
10 years 1 month ago #64599 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: reCaptcha not working
@Francsico Jose Toledano

The link to your site gives a blank page.

@DeeJayMan

I cannot understand totally what you mean. What's the issue exactly? Do you have a link to your site demonstrating the problem?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 1 month ago #64600 by DeeJayMan
Replied by DeeJayMan on topic Re: reCaptcha not working
Hi Lefteris!

The problem I have is that the image does not come in the form recaptcha comments each story:

www.elperiodicodelsur.com/index.php/fasnia/item/2525-el-cabildo-recupera-la-esencia-del-espacio-cultural-la-vieja-escuela-de-fasnia

I've checked everything, I checked the addresses off recaptcha API and are correct. I've never gotten it to work.
More
10 years 1 month ago #64601 by Lefteris
@DeeJayMan

Your page has several javascript errors. First of all go to K2 parameters and enable jQuery. Since you are under Joomla! 3.x K2 will load the system jQuery. Let me know when you do this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
More
10 years 1 month ago #64602 by DeeJayMan
Replied by DeeJayMan on topic Re: reCaptcha not working
Hello

I changed those parameters to "Load v1.10.2" and "Load a local copy of jQuery" and now it works :woohoo: . Will it affect this change to the rest of the workforce or simply had not set this in the first place?

Thank you very much for your help!
More
10 years 1 month ago #64603 by Lefteris
You are welcome. It shouldn't affect anything. Since you are under Joomla! 3.x all extensions using jQuery should load the system jQuery ( as K2 does ) and not another instance.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
More
10 years 1 month ago #64604 by Terry Matz
Replied by Terry Matz on topic Re: [SOLVED] Re: reCaptcha not working
Thank you as well. This last bit of advice finally made the captcha code work for me. I'd tried all the other suggestions but the Javascript load is what worked. Thank you.
More
9 years 11 months ago #64605 by Uzo
Replied by Uzo on topic Enabling JQuery did the miracle
Thanks a ton Khalil and B.A. Umberger. But one thing, because it still didn't work after following every step cited in your comment.

So, I finally got mine to work after reading your comment intently and following every step cited in your post. Which, actually didn't work straight until I enable the JQuery setting in the layout.

For those who're still finding it difficult or hasn't find a way to make the captcha work just after following and doing everything Khalil and B.A. Umberger commented. Do this:

- Goto Joomla Admin > Components > K2 > Parameters >Layout & Views:
* On CSS & JavaScript Settings, (1.)Enable "K2 default CSS".
(2.) jQuery library handling: Select the latest Local Jquery. Mine is "Load V1.11.0(Local Copy)"
(3.) Backend jQuery & jQuery UI handling: Select the match version you chose in number (2.) above.

Save and you done.
More
9 years 10 months ago #64606 by dar
Replied by dar on topic Re: reCaptcha not working
Thanks Khalil, it worked for me. In my case I just missed K2 anti-spam settings in K2 advanced tab. How embarrassing :)
More
9 years 10 months ago #64607 by Bizzy Fizzy
Replied by Bizzy Fizzy on topic Re: reCaptcha not working
Thanks - this url update worked for me.

Joomla 2.5.8 K2 2.6.6
Using the K2 captcha - Firebug was showing 404 against api.recaptcha.net/js/recaptcha_ajax.js so guessed google had changed it's url.

I swapped url in components\com_k2\views\item\view.html.php (found it on line 156)
from
api.recaptcha.net/js/recaptcha_ajax.js
to
api.recaptcha.net/recaptcha/api/js/recaptcha_ajax.js
and all is working again.

PS
I also updated
K2_ENTER_THE_TWO_WORDS_YOU_SEE_BELOW="Enter the two words you see below"
as google no longer shows TWO words
Find it in language/en-GB/en-GB.com_k2.ini (line 53)
More
9 years 8 months ago #64608 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Re: [SOLVED] Re: reCaptcha not working
I am getting the "...name or email address you entered is already in use" and the "words you typed did not match..." comments.

I have gone all through this thread and done everything suggested and cannot get recaptcha to work on the comments. It works on the forms, registration form, quote form... but not the comments. I am attaching screenshots so you can see if I'm missing something.

I also have komento in my components. I have tried the recaptcha with and without komento activated. And I did plug in my keys in Komento as well.

I am using Joomla 3.3.3. But it was doing this before I updated.

Your help is appreciated.