Keyword

is it me? Gallery, Attachments and Video not working...

More
14 years 8 months ago #69468 by Bryan Smith
thanks Konstantin.

I actually think my issue was due to the way I was creating the zip file or my filenames in the zip.

I've got the galleries working now!!

Konstantin Zhilin said:Hey Lownotes,
I was hopelessly trying to find a way to make SIG (free) to show up in K2 items, and after all decided to give the PRO version a try! And it works :) Here's my check-list:
- install SIG Pro plugin
- delete everything from /media/k2/galleries/ folder, to make sure you upload fresh galleries for every item

In plugin settings:
- set "Root folder for image galleries" to be: /media/k2/galleries/
- set "Popup engine for image galleries" to be anything except jQuery, as it kills K2 item editing and controls in some cases. You can change this at any time, so don't panic!

In Category settings:
- make sure you have "Show item image gallery" set to Yes for categories where you have items with galleries.

That should be it, Good luck!
My work in progress can be seen here: access.glazedeye.co.uk/showers/item/1-test-shower-1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #69469 by fran p
I think I'm having the same problem. Are there any special file settings needed for creating the jpgs and zip files?

Lownotes said:thanks Konstantin. I actually think my issue was due to the way I was creating the zip file or my filenames in the zip.

More
14 years 8 months ago #69470 by Konstantin Zilin
Replied by Konstantin Zilin on topic is it me? Gallery, Attachments and Video not working...
I guess there are no special requirements for compression settings, just file names... no spaces, no special symbols... :)

fran p said:I think I'm having the same problem. Are there any special file settings needed for creating the jpgs and zip files?

Lownotes said:thanks Konstantin. I actually think my issue was due to the way I was creating the zip file or my filenames in the zip.

More
14 years 8 months ago #69471 by fran p
Solved my problem. I had zipped a folder along with images, which uploaded, but did not display since the gallery had an extra folder containing the images. For anyone else with gallery display issues, remember to zip the image files only when you create the zip file.

Thanks for the reply!

Konstantin Zhilin said:I guess there are no special requirements for compression settings, just file names... no spaces, no special symbols... :)
fran p said:I think I'm having the same problem. Are there any special file settings needed for creating the jpgs and zip files?

Lownotes said:thanks Konstantin. I actually think my issue was due to the way I was creating the zip file or my filenames in the zip. I've got the galleries working now!!

More
14 years 7 months ago #69472 by Kenneth Crowder
Replied by Kenneth Crowder on topic is it me? Gallery, Attachments and Video not working...
I had this same problem. When uploading to the gallery, the mime type is checked and it appears that it was checking the path for the mime type and not the name of the file. Anyway, this is what I did:

File: \administrator\components\com_k2\lib\class.upload.php
Line: ~2231
Change...
$this->file_src_mime = mime_content_type($this->file_src_pathname);
...to...
$this->file_src_mime = mime_content_type($this->file_src_name);

Bevan Von Weichardt said:Hi, thanks for the reply.
I installed it, enabled all related mods etc. But I still get weird little errors all over the place.

Can't upload images to the gallery jpgs give the following error...

* UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE
* Gallery upload error: Cannot extract archive!

And if I upload a zip it seems to upload fine but the gallery does not display - instead I get this...

{gallery}2{/gallery}

Also i get these weird bullet points appearing all over the page... (see attached file)

Video seem to work and image upload works...