Keyword

Comments & Ratings

More
14 years 8 months ago #71834 by michael bailey
Replied by michael bailey on topic Comments & Ratings
Turned out to be a javascript error from mootools.js which was included in the extension Modalizer. Fortunately, I was able to disable the .js using the advanced parameters within the Modulizer extension and now the comments section works.

Matthew Cooke said:Thanks Lefteris, but unfortunately, no such luck. I'm sure it's something simple like that, but I haven't figured it out what it is.
Thanks Again,
Matt

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Everyone having problems with comments or rating make sure that : 1. You have the latest version of K2.
2. You have installed and enabled the K2 system plugin which is responsible for loading the javascript file.
3. You have no javascript errors on your page from any other extensions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #71835 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Comments & Ratings
Hi. Does the k2.js file exists on your server? Please ensure that you are using the latest version. If you upgraded from a previous version then make sure that the upgrade was successful.

greg said:I check my plugin list and I found: - Search - K2
- System - K2 (Joom!Fish)
- System - K2 (User)
- User - K2

All published! And ké.js it's still not loaded !
Could you tell me if there another plugin system to install and where I am able to find it, please.

Thanks in advance

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. You have no comments and rating because your page isn't loading the k2.js file. Please make sure that you have installed and enabled the system K2 plugin.greg said:It's same thing for me but only in rating systemwebsite : www.kayoo.ncto have rating do I configure something somewhere?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #71836 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Comments & Ratings
Your plugin list is incorrect so the upgrade was not totally successful. You should have only one System K2 plugin ( these two have been merged ).

greg said:I have last version, K2_v2.0_build20090806. I think upgrade was succesful !
I checked by FTP , K2.js is on server into js folder
But I don't understand why it's not loaded.
Where I have to check to know if the code to load js file is present!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Greg

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Does the k2.js file exists on your server? Please ensure that you are using the latest version. If you upgraded from a previous version then make sure that the upgrade was successful.greg said:I check my plugin list and I found:- Search - K2- System - K2 (Joom!Fish)- System - K2 (User)- User - K2All published! And ké.js it's still not loaded !Could you tell me if there another plugin system to install and where I am able to find it, please.Thanks in advanceLefteris Kavadas said:Hi. You have no comments and rating because your page isn't loading the k2.js file. Please make sure that you have installed and enabled the system K2 plugin.greg said:It's same thing for me but only in rating systemwebsite : www.kayoo.ncto have rating do I configure something somewhere?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Matthew Cooke
  • Matthew Cooke's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #71837 by Matthew Cooke
Replied by Matthew Cooke on topic Comments & Ratings
Greg, I was so hopeful... but no luck... I downloaded the latest build, disabled and re-enabled K2 System, but still nothing. I've attached the errors I'm getting for both Comments and Ratings (Votes). If anyone else has any suggestions, please let me. I'm slowly disabling a number of other plugins to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Matt

greg said:Hi,
Sorry for previous post !
I just fix it ! (to do: unpublish K2 System and publish again! And that works)
Thanks Leteris Kavadas for your help !

Cheers, Greg

greg said:I just re install everything, follow instruction from K2_v2.0_build20090806-upgrade-from-v2-prerelease, think I vaen't done before.Updated database,And to finish, I have upgrade to K2_v2.1_build20090909, and..Rating is still not working and K2.js still not loaded !What can I do now, HELP !!!
Attachments:

More
14 years 3 months ago #71838 by Dave Smith
Replied by Dave Smith on topic Comments & Ratings
I'm having a similar problem, ratings are ok, but for unknown reasons, comments are no longer showing. They were working originally, but I've been happily configuring my website, unaware that something I have probably done has now disabled them. I suspect it is something to do with user permissions (on the K2 side). By removing the following check from item.php

I can now see the comments, but posting does not work. It shows the rotating 'thingy' which then disappears, but nothing happens after this.

Running Joomla 1.5.15 and K2 V2.2

Firebug is reporting the following error:

$("fxContainer") is null

[Break on this error] eval(function(p,a,c,k,e,r){e=function(...|window|closeString'.split('|'),0,{}))

in /js/roktools_packed.js (line 8)

I hope someone can help, I have no idea what has happened. I have tried all the suggestions mentioned above. Like I said it did work originally.

More
14 years 3 months ago #71839 by Dave Smith
I can't get the code to appear in this forum...

More
14 years 3 months ago #71840 by Dave Smith
ok, I fixed it (I hope!) my new users (registering through Community Builder) are not being set correctly as K2 "Registered" type users. i.e. they are not being assigned to a K2 group.

It seems my hunch about K2 permissions was correct, but now this raises another issue.

Hope this is useful to someone else.